Eight || What's the Secret?

Start from the beginning

*flashback ends*

Lauren shook her head, remembering what she had to go through at only sixteen years of age.

She looked at the clock and saw that it was almost one in the afternoon. Klay would be home at anytime now, so she decided to head home.

"I'm gonna head home." She whispered to Chance, who nodded his head slowly.

"Alright Brookie, Mommy is gonna head to work." Lauren said, faking a smile.

"No mommy! I just met you, and I don't want to wait another eight years to see you again." Brooklyn's smile turned into a frown which made Lauren's heart drop.

"I won't be gone for too long sweetie. I'll be back tomorrow, I promise." Lauren said holding her pinkie up. Brooklyn smiled and locked her pinkie with her mother's.

"Bye Brookie, I love you." Lauren whispered as she hugged Brooklyn as tight as she could and kissed her on the forehead.

"Bye Mommy. I love you." Brooklyn whispered back.

"Bye Chance. Thanks for letting me spend the night here." Lauren smiled as Chance followed her out the door.

"No problem, she is your daughter after all." Chance smiled, the crinkles apparent in his eyes.

"You did an amazing job raising her, thank you." Lauren had to stop herself from crying again.

"Hey, I made that promise to you when she was born, and I made sure to keep that." Chance replied.

"Also, how are you gonna tell Klay about...her?" Chance said, pointing to Brooklyn.

"I'll think of a right time to. But as of now, it'll be a secret." Lauren sighed, feeling guilty about hiding this part of her life from her husband.

"Are you sure? He's your husband, after all." Chance gave Lauren a look.

"Yeah, yeah, for now I'll be fine. I just need to think of an easy way to tell him." Lauren rubbed her temple.

"I'll be here to help you, remember that." Chance smiled.

"Thanks Chance, I'm glad I got to see you again too." Lauren smiled as she embraced him in a hug.

"Me too." Chance sighed, pulling away.

"Drive safe." Chance waved as Lauren got into her car. She waved back to him, pulling out of his driveway.

Lauren pulled up to her and Klay's driveway, entering the code for the gate. She parked in the garage and unlocked the doors to the house. She walked into Kamila and Addy watching Dora the Explorer, and Drew in his little play crib.

"Hey." Lauren half-smiled, as she saw Kamila.

"Mommy! Where were you?" Addy said, running up to Lauren.

"I was at the gym, babe." Lauren forced a smile, her heartstrings tugging at the thought of lying to her child.

"Hey Addy, it's nap time!" Kamila said as Addy ran up to her room, being followed by Lauren and Kamila.

"Get some rest, okay love? Daddy has a big game tonight that we can't miss." Lauren whispered, kissing Addy's forehead and quietly shutting the door.

"You have some explaining to do, Lauren Taylor." Kamila said, pointing at Lauren.

Lauren explained what happened last night and this morning to Kamila.

"So, are you gonna tell Klay?" Kamila asked, stating the obvious.

"I will eventually, I just don't know how." Lauren sighed.

"And also, how about Chance? Does he still have feelings for you?" Kamila asked.

"No, no, he has a girlfriend, I saw pictures of them around the house." Lauren explained.

"You have to tell Klay at some point, Laur. He deserves to know." Kamila said.

"I know, I know. I just don't know how and when." Lauren whined.

"Sooner rather than later." Kamila warned.

"Ugh." Lauren sighed as she put her face in her hands.

"You have to tell him your secret Lauren, he's your husband." Kamila kept drilling it into Lauren's mind that she had to tell Klay.

"I know, but as of now, this secret can't be known." Lauren rolled her eyes.

"What's the secret?" A familiar voice rang into the room. Lauren and Kamila both turned their heads to see Draymond.

Author's Note: smh Day Day always comes in either the perfect or wrong situations😂what do y'all think Lauren is gonna do? Also, every little detail in this book means something, so keep that in mind, and remember that the title of this book is "the secret"😉Thank you all for 3k reads for book two and over 100k reads in book one! You guys are insane! Please don't forget to comment and vote! ALSO DALLAS IF YOU SEE THIS ILY SIS❤️ all love xoxoxoxo😘