Stay By My Side (Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy love story)

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS SUCH AS HERMIONE, DRACO, HARRY, GINNY, RON ETC AS THEY ALL RIGHTFULLY BELONG TO THE TALENTED JK ROWLING. I AM MERELY A HUGE HP FAN AND I ENJOY WRITING FANFIC STORIES FROM MY PERSPECTIVE. HOWEVER, I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR THE STORY-LINES/CHARACTER DEVELOPMENTS/SCENARIO'S ETC THAT COME WITH THIS BOOK AND I TAKE ANY CASES OF COPYING VERY SERIOUSLY.

Note from 22th July 2015 - This book is currently being revised and edited. Long term readers may notice a few slight changes, however those changes will only be minor. I'm not going to drastically change any scene/chapter, it will all remain the same. I am just making some attempt at improving the story and fixing any mistake I may have made.

Hermione

The war changed people.

It turned lives around and left wounds on us that will be a constant reminder for the rest of our existence. 

It had an unimaginable effect on us and it will probably haunt many dreams for a very long time. I knew I was one of these people, the restless nights and waking up in a cold sweat was all too familiar for me nowadays. It was an event in my life that I predicted prior to it happening, but nothing could prepare me for the actual thing. Absolutely nothing.

I never imagined the devastating outcome. Never thought that I would end up grieving for lost lives.

They say that time helps to heal emotional pain, I beg to differ. The wounds remain and so do the memories. I believe that the body and mind have their own way of concealing this pain, like a wall of protection, to help lessen the feeling. But it never goes. Not really. 

Merlin knows this is all crap. Utter crap. It doesn't go away, not something like this.

I snapped myself back to reality and started to pay attention to my surroundings. I was in the middle of an ocean of bodies and I scan around them for my friends. I felt a small smile creep up onto my face as I bring my gaze to Harry, Ginny and Ron.

The war changed their lives more than mine.

Harry, for some time now he has been suffering with something like PTSD. His nightmares are intense and some days he is just silent. It's rather upsetting for Ron and I to watch our best friend suffer so much. He now has Ginny in his life, they are together now and I couldn't be happier for them. Those two were always meant to be. She helps him in more ways than one, there has been a massive change since they became official .Ron and I both realized that we had feelings for one another after the war...after Fred died. We got together, officially like Harry and Ginny. I felt like he needed me in some way; he was grieving for Fred and in some weird way it was like as if we were brought together by the war. It's funny what can happen to people after a series of tragic events.

Unfortunately it was only Ginny and I who were returning to Hogwarts for our 7th year. Ron and Harry decided to stay behind to train with Aurors. They had already got accepted during the Summer so they really had no need to come back. The thought of being alone in Hogwarts for a year without Ron and Harry saddens me. But I know that they are old enough to make their own life choices.  Ginny, Harry, Ron and I stood in platform 9 3/4 saying goodbye to one another. Ginny and Harry were saying a tearful bye to one another, too. I secretly couldn't help but cringe at the sight, yes they were sweet and everything but it wasn't like this was going to be the last time they'd see one another.

"Don't cry Ginny, we will see one another soon. I love you." said Harry in a husky voice while kissing Ginny on the forehead. A tearful Ginny grips onto Harry's elbows and pulls him in closer to her.