Stay Or Go

Hermione POV

“Ginny! Hold on.” I called out. Lunch had just ended and I was in the process of chasing Ginny down the corridors. She turned around with a smile on her face.

“Sorry if this is short notice, but is it okay if I stay at yours tonight? I really don’t want to be with Malfoy tonight.” I ask. Tonight I would sleep anywhere that was away from him. I really didn’t want to face him again, not after my little outburst.

“Of course it’s okay. You’re free to stay with me anytime you like.” Ginny says excitedly. “I thought you’d never ask.”

“Great, thank you so much.” I raised my voice so she could hear me above the crowds of students rushing by. I lost my train of thought when a blonde head appeared in the corner of my eye. I could sense he wasn’t alone. He wasn’t anywhere near me, he was just exiting the Great Hall. I dared to turn my head to take a peek and I regretted it. He was talking petite pretty girl with short black hair. I think I recognised her from Ravenclaw. They were both talking and I noticed her gazing up to him with dreamy eyes. I knew it was probably nothing but I couldn’t help but feel consumed by jealously. Draco and the girl had disappeared before I knew it. Both in different directions. The jealously vanished now.

“Hermione aren’t you listening?”

“Sorry Ginny. What were you saying?”

Ginny rolled her eyes oblivious to whom I was looking at. “I was saying that I still have some vodka and wine left over from that day we went to Hogsmeade.”

“Oh.” That was the night Draco and I kissed for the first time. The memory of that night made me feel both warm inside and confused.

“Yeah…so what do you say?”

“Uhh… I’m not sure Ginny.” I mumbled.

“Come on Hermione! It’s Saturday, it’s been a long week at school and there’s no harm in a bit of fun every now and then. Especially for you.” She crossed her arms giving me the best pouty look she possibly could.

I laughed. “Okay okay. How could I possibly say no to you?”

“That’s the spirit. When do you want to come to my room?”

I shrugged. “How about in ten minutes? I’ll go back to my room and get an overnight bag and we’ll start the night early.”

“Sounds good. I’ll see you then.”

“Bye.”

I briskly walked passed Ginny and stared to make my way back to my room. I hope Draco wasn’t back yet although it was a possibility that he went back after dinner. It’ll be okay I told myself You don’t have to say anything to him. I hurried past crowds of students and I felt my body slam into someone. I turned around to apologise but I came face to face with Pansy Parkinson. She looked different compered to her usual snobby arrogant self. There was redness around her eyes. Has she been crying? I felt a little sorry for her as the last time I saw her when she brought Draco to me, she looked genuinely remorseful. 

“You really should consider going to Madam Pomfrey to get your eyes tested.” She snapped.

“I can assure you that I have no need for that. It was an accident. My apologies.” I say quickly.

Pansy impatiently rolled her eyes. “Stay out of my way in future.”

“Wait a second Parkinson.” I called out stopping her in her tracks. She abruptly turned around and looked tired all of a sudden. She crossed her arms.