Reunion and Lustful Encounters

Hermione POV

The next day I found myself at Hogsmeade station awaiting the return of Harry and Ron. I shivered in the cold October air, although I think it was more due to the fact I felt nervous about this reunion. Ginny on the other hand was too excited for words. She was standing next to me and couldn’t keep still.

I laughed. “You should see yourself right now.”

“I just can’t wait to see Harry. Today is going to be wonderful.” She beams. “Tonight too. I’m looking forward to showing Harry off.”

I groaned in almost an agonizing way to Ginny’s reference to tonight’s Halloween Party. Ginny just laughed and rolled her eyes, muttering ‘Typical’ under her breath.

Before we both knew it, a black and white steam train comes our way and Ginny sequels in delight. I feel as though my feet can’t move and my breathing rate increases as the Train comes to a halt in front of us. Ginny eagerly rushes her way towards the Train when people started to emerge. I still stood in the same spot where I was before unsure of what to do next. Hogsmeade station got crowded pretty quickly and I couldn’t even see Ginny anymore. Movement finally came to my feet when I started to walk forward, I immediately caught sight of Ginny hugging a dark haired boy who is a lot shorter than her, and then there was a redhead standing awkwardly behind them. All feelings of anxiety had already left and were replaced with joy. I decided to make my presence known so I ran over to where my three friends stood. Harry’s eyes gleamed lovingly as Ginny’s arm wrapped around his neck to pull him in for a small tender kiss.

“I missed you.” He tells her mid-kiss. “I’m so glad I’m back.”

“Oh give over you two! I think I’m going to be sick already.” Ron groans. My gaze now focuses on Ron and I couldn’t help but smile. He genuinely did look like he was going to be sick.

“Maybe it has something to do with all the food you ate on the Train.” Harry shot back, he never left Ginny’s embrace.

“Watching my Best Friend and my Sister snog each other’s face off isn’t something I would like to see, actually.” Ron narrowed his eyes at Harry and Ginny who were now laughing.

“Shut up you git. Nobody is forcing you to look.” Ginny says before pulling Harry’s face back to her own for another lengthy kiss.

I cleared my throat. Neither of them even acknowledged my presence yet. This was awkward. “Well Hello to both of you as well!”

Ron’s eyes flickered in my direction and he gave me a shy smile. “Hi.”

I grinned. He was wearing a brown shirt with a heavy material black jacket over to protect him from the cold. His skin started to flush when he saw me. “Hello Ronald, I’m happy to see you. You look good.”

“Likewise Hermione.” He responds while his eyes trailed down the length of my body. When he noticed my disapproving expression he awkwardly turned his head.

After a few seconds of silence I spoke. “Bloody hell. Come here to me you fool! You have no need to be awkward.”

I held out my arms for a hug and he laughed as he happily obliged. There was nothing romantic or lustful about the hug. It was just the normal friendly one which we have shared many times before, I missed this. I have no idea why I was feeling so nervous before.

“I really missed you Hermione.” He whispers. “And I am truly sorry for being such a prat…” his voice trails off.

“Shhh. It’s okay. We don’t need to talk about that right now.” I tell him as we both break away.