Hogsmeade

Hermione POV

The next morning I awoke slowly. I yawned loudly, I did not get much sleep the night before. My head was full of thoughts from Crabbe and Goyle, Ron and Malfoy. I checked my watch, 7:30. I desperately wanted an extra half hour in bed, but I needed to get ready for school. Groaning, I got out of bed, my bare feet pressing against the cold wooden floors. In the space of twenty minutes I got dressed and flat ironed my hair, I also added a bit of gloss to my lips and a small amount of mascara. I yawned as I left my bedroom, I gathered my books and while doing so I noticed Malfoy was nowhere to be seen. Usually he was out of his room before me. Maybe he was still in bed? Should I wake him?

"No" I scolded myself. I had no reason to get him up for school. It was his responsibility and considering the way he treats me, he does not deserve me waking him up. When I had finished up, I left the common room and made my way to the great hall to meet Ginny.

I walked quickly to the great hall, not bothering to stop and say hi to anybody. I noticed as I was walking down the corridors some male Slytherins, a large group of them, was standing against the wall wolf whistling any girls who passed. I wrinkled my nose in disgust as they did it to me as I passed. 'Idiots' I thought to myself. I hated the way guys viewed girls as a piece of meat. It was so stupid and disrespectful.

When I entered the great hall, my eyes very briefly flickered over to the Slytherin table. Malfoy was easy to spot with his blonde head of hair. Pansy sat next to him, her arm linked to his. She had a huge smile spread across her ugly features and Malfoy had a grin on his face. I felt like vomiting in my mouth. It then occurred to me that Malfoy did not come back to the common room last night. I certainly did not hear him come in as I did not sleep at all. I then realised that it was possible he could of stayed with Pansy. I started to walk over to the Gryffindor table, wanting to avoid any thoughts of Malfoy and Pansy that would make me sick.

As I sat next to Ginny I immediately noticed her huge smile.

"Why so happy?" I asked

"Today is Friday." she beamed, her smile not escaping her lips

I frowned "Thanks for reminding me Ginny.... I don't suffer from memory loss you know."

She rolled her eyes at my sarcasm, but did not say anything about it. "I was just wondering if you wanted to come to Hogsmeade with me today. We hardly got a chance to spend proper time together since coming back to school, and besides, with everything you have going on right now, I think it will be good to get out for a bit."

"Oh," I muttered dumbly "I don't know Ginny. I have some homework I need to catch up on..."

Ginny pushed her hair behind her ears "Yes you have all weekend for homework. Just please say you'll come with me after school. It will be fun. You can get a cute new outfit."

I shrugged "Uh... okay, I suppose it won't be too bad..."

Ginny squealed with excitement and pulled me in for a hug. The scent of her perfume nearly made me sneeze. I dreaded the prospect of going out to Hogsmeade with Ginny. I get that I need to get out but... I don't know... I just felt uneasy. 

I tried my best to put a smile on my face to show Ginny that I was excited, but failed miserably.

 ~

The school day flew by. When it ended Ginny and I went back to our rooms to get changed for Hogsmeade. When I went into my room, Malfoy was sitting on the chair flicking through a notebook with a frown on his face. When I came in he fixed his attention on me. He stood up and started to walk towards me, I ignored him completely and went into my bedroom slamming the door shut behind me. I was in no mood to listen to Malfoy and his snide comments right now. I swung open my wardrode and looked at its contents. I mostly owned t shirts, jeans, maybe one or two skirts and one dress that im saving for a special occasion. I settled for plain dark jeans, a royal blue blouse and black flats. I brushed my hair and I applied some red lipstick for a change. Satisfied with my appearance, I grabbed my bag and left the bedroom.