No Longer The Enemy

Draco POV

It didn't surprise me seeing Granger in the library with Weasley. I briefly looked in her direction and noticed her sad eyes. She looked like she had been crying. I wonder what it's about. Not that I should really care anyway. But To be perfectly fair she hasn't had it easy recently, Pansy was totally out of order last night. I shouldn't of let it get out of hand the way it did, but if I done something about it in-front of Pansy she would of gotten suspicious. I cannot afford that to happen. Pansy doesn't know how to shut up when someone does something she doesn't approve of. I've been there, done that. I would rather do anything i hate than listen to Pansy and all her complaining and nagging. I had no clue what Goyle, Crabbe and Blaise were speaking about precisely, something about a group of good looking Raven Claw girls they saw If I heard correctly. As I sat at one of the tables I couldn't help but take a glance in her direction once again. This time she turned her head quickly away once I caught her gaze. This was amusing to me especially after catching her staring at me with no shirt on earlier. I then notice her sudden discomfort and a look of concern spread across Weasley's face. Abruptly she stood up taking her friend with her. She didn't even look at me as she exited the library. My curiosity awakened and I felt an urge to follow her, but I didn't.

"Draco mate, you alright?" Blaise asked snapping me out of all my thoughts.

"Yeah," I say in an irritated voice. "Why do you ask?"

He shrugged "Just wondering. You've been rather strange lately..." Goyle and Crabbe nodded in agreement.

"Well I'm fine." I said.

Blaise leaned forward looking around him "Is there anything going on concerning... you know what?"

I clenched my fists in an attempt to stop myself from lashing out "If you're referring to what I think you are... no I'm not. That isn't my life anymore. Can we change the subject now?"

He breathed a sigh of relief "Didn't mean to offend you. I was just making sure."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. I've tried so hard to forget about the death eater stuff. I specifically asked my so called friends at the start of the year never to mention it again.

"So Draco you haven't told us about life living with mud blood yet. Fill us in." Goyle said after a few minutes of nonsense chat.

"Uhhh..." I mumble "Well I avoid her for most of it, really."

He laughed sarcastically "That's it? Surely there's more?"

I shrugged "We just go about our daily business. Of course we provoke each other from time to time but I haven't lost my mind yet. I'd still rather not share a room with her though."

"I doubt Pansy is happy about that." Crabbe sniggered, Goyle too.

"Pansy knows she can't dominate me. I can do what I like." I say. I've spoken to Pansy so many times about this and made it clear she has no say in what I do.

"She's a real pain in the arse mate. I don't know how you put up with her." Blaise said.

"Yeah, I don't know either."

"Why don't you just dump her?" he asked with a shrug.

I laughed. This discussion admittedly made me uncomfortable. "We're not even boyfriend and girlfriend. But yeah I know what you mean. I've been considering it recently."

"I feel ya." he said with empathy. "Before things get out of control y'know?"

"I would love to have a girl on the side." Crabbe said lamely, staring ahead. I narrowed my eyebrows, he always came out with the most random things.