Chapter 32

-Marco's POV-

I sat at the desk practicing my math facts. What? I know it's summer and all but I have to keep my mind sharp! I'm kinda bummed about my injury.  I can't practice karate all summer just because a stupid demon was angry! Ugh. Luckily Star was there to help, but I could have handled it! I just wish I could prove it to her, but it's too late. My injury won't heal until the end of summer, when Star leaves.

Suddenly, Janna pops up beside me. "Did you really have to get beat up and have Star help you?" She said annoyed, like she was the one who was thrown to the ground.

"Umm... what?" I say confused.

"You could punch Lars in the face but you can't handle Tom?! Like, he doesn't have any muscles!" Janna spat.

"But Lars didn't have fire powers, did he? Tom didn't even use his 'muscles', he used fire powers." I put air quotes around muscles, because Tom clearly didn't have any.

"Well, there is still a chance you could win back Star." Janna sat on top of my desk, sitting on my math.

"Your sitting on my math." I pointed out.

Janna hopped off my desk and picked up my work. "See this is why Star doesn't like you. You do math instead of actually having fun by taking risks! Do you know why Star was sent her?"

I shook my head.

"She was sent here because she was a interdimentional trouble maker who played by her own rules. She played pranks, fought monsters, tamed wild unicorns! You know why you were sent here? You were sent her because you were so polite and perfect that the one time you made a mistake, you put  your mom in a position she has never been before. If you took risks most of the time, even if those risks weren't  causing trouble, you would be here with a injured foot in a detention room." She ripped up my math.

"You know, for a detention resident, your actually pretty smart."

"Well duh! Would a dumb person be able to come up with a way to tape her principal to a ceiling?" Janna smirked. "So my plan is you are going to start taking risks with me and Star."

I felt uneasy about this. "What do you mean by taking risks?"

She rubbed her hands together and gave her famous wicked smirk. "Let's make the biggest summer prank."

"O-okay. I have a great idea!"

"Finally! Your creative juices are flowing! What ya got?" Janna hopped back onto my desk.

"What if, when we are supposed to make our beds we just straighten the conforter and leave the sheets a mess! When they give  their daily inspection they won't know what hit them!" I laughed wickedly.

"You have a lot to learn." Janna shook her head in disappointment.