9. Confessions

"Wake up wake up wake up!"

I looked beside me to find a very adorable – yet irritating Katie.

"Yay! You're awake. I'll go get Ry – Ry and then will you play with me?"

"Sure." I whispered groggily.

Wait. Katie As in Ryder's sister? Wait this isn't my room. OH MY FUCKING GOD I'M IN RYDER'S HOUSE. It's ok Alix. Nothing happened. Oh god I made a fool out of myself didn't I. Shoot me now. Maybe he's out. Maybe I'm dreaming. Please God, please let me be dreaming. Let me pinch myself – ow ow ow. Nope it's real. Maybe I can get out of here. Before I can plan my escape route through the door swings open to reveal the devil himself.

"Sleep well?" He smirked.

"Very funny. How did I get here?" I asked crossing my arms and leaning against the headboard.

"Umm long story short- you got drunk, like really dru-"

"Yeah, yeah I get it." I interrupted. I mean how old was he again?

"No, I mean like completely obliterated and you begged me to take you home." He teased. Ugh God, I really wanted to wipe that smirk off his face.
"Don't look at me like that! You know how many girls would love to be in this position?" He questioned. I couldn't argue though, it was true. Pretty much the whole school would love THE RYDER PARKER to know their name. It's not their fault though - it's pretty much engrained in their brains for an early stage. When girls are younger and boys pull their pigtails in a playground, thy are told it's because they like them. As they get older, they think the same rule applies and the meaner the boy is to them, the more they like them. They let boys say they're shit but get upset when they get treated like it. I'm hardly one to talk, but at least I never make the same mistake twice.
"Alix?" I snapped out of my thoughts.
"Yeah?" I questioned.
"Do you want something to eat?" He asked. I froze. What time was it? One o' clock. Fuck.
"I would love to but my mum will be freaking out. " I explained as I gathered up my stuff. He's nicer today. Maybe I'm dreaming.
"Sure. You can show yourself out princess." And he's back.

I trudged downstairs to feel a small pair of arms clasp around my legs.
"I thought you were going to play wiv me?" Katie asked looking up at me.
Just then Ryder came in.
"She'll play with you next time Katie ok?" He told her, ruffling her hair. Next time? It was probably a mistake.
"Do you promise?" She squeaked.
"I do. " I promised.
Just as I was going out of the door I saw the coolest skateboard.

"Please can I borrow it?" I asked, sweetly

"Please can I borrow it?" I asked, sweetly. I mean who were we kidding I was gonna take it anyway.
"No. you live down the road. " he replied, crossing his arms.
"Ok. " I sighed, defeated. However, not before I snatched it and shut the door with my bag in one hand and the board in the other.
Heh. Sucker.
I ran to my house and unlocked the door as quietly as humanly possible. Creeping upstairs, I heard a very loud voice ring in my ears.
"Alix Montgomery get your ass back here. Now!" I groaned before trudging back downstairs.
"Yes mother whom I love very much?" I replied. Shit. I'm in so much fucking trouble.
"Don't pull that crap on me. I was worried sick where were you?" She asked, frowning.
"Hehe. Funny story actually, so um, well" I started.
"Get on with it," She interrupted.
"Yeah yeah I was at Ryder's house. But don't worry - nothing happened. " I finished.
"Good and they're coming over now actually. " She told me. Wait what? Since when?
"Are you fucking kidding me?" I said, letting out an exasperated sigh.
"Language!" She scolded, "and yes. "
Great. Bloody great.
I ran upstairs and had a shower, before going to my wardrobe and picking out an outfit. I got dressed before putting on some foundation and mascara. What? I'm not insecure but I like makeup ok?

 What? I'm not insecure but I like makeup ok?

Before long I heard the doorbell.
"Alix!"
"Coming!" I yelled back.
I ran downstairs right when my mum hugged Lucy. Huh. That's weird. I swear they've only met like once?
"Ok so I guess we should probably tell you the reason we're here, right?" Lucy asked us, nervously as we walked into the living room. Me and Ryder just looked at each other like what the hell is going on.
"So before we start does anyone want something to eat or drink?" My mum giggled. Yes giggled. She only does that when she's really nervous.
"Shit. What's going on?" I questioned.
"Alex! Language. " my mum scolded me again meanwhile Ryder burst out laughing.
"Ryder! Manners!" Lucy scolded and then it was my turn to crack up.
"Alex? Do you vaguely remember when you were five and a family moved next door?" My mum asked me.
"Um maybe? Could you be more specific?" I replied. My memory was shit anyway so her being vague really wasn't helping.
"There was a boy your age and you were best friends until he moved away when you were about 8 or 9?" My mum tried again. Fuck. I remember now.

Flashback
(12 years ago)
"Mummy why are they called removal bans if they put the stuff there?" I asked, shifting side-to-side.
"Because they remove the stuff from their last home sweetie. " my dad cooed beside me.
Just then a little boy came up to me.
"Hi my name's Ryder, what's yours?" He asked, tilting his head slightly.
"Alix." I giggled.
We soon became inseparable, we would play video games and soon he became my first crush. One day when I had just turned eight, I decided I was going to tell him. I went over to his house but only to find him packing up his boxes.
"What are you doing here?" He asked me, clearly frustrated.
"You're leaving? And you weren't even going to say goodbye?" I yelled.
"I couldn't ok? Because saying goodbye makes this whole leaving thing too real." He told me.
"But I never got to tell you how I feel about you. " I blurted out before realising what I said and covering my mouth.
"You just did and I feel the same way, and even though I'm leaving soon, when we're older we'll meet again. " He promised.
"I don't wanna wait. " I pouted.
"Maybe we can hold onto something. I got you this. I was gonna leave it outside your house but here you go. " he said whilst handing me a friendship bracelet.
"Guard this with your life. " he told me.
"I will. " I promised.
"Maybe there's another thing I can take. " he whispered in my ear.
"What?" I questioned, innocent as ever.
"This. " he replied with a big grin before pressing his lips to mine.

Flashback over

He's Ryder. Ryder's him.
"Alex? Alex?" I heard beside me.
"Yeah?" I replied.
"You zoned out for a minute. " Lucy told me, placing a hand on my shoulder.
"Try ten. "Ryder grumbled. I guess he hadn't put the pieces together yet.
"Ryder remember when you were younger and you moved house to find a girl next door? She then became your best friend until you moved here. " Lucy asked him.
"Shit. You're that girl. That girls you." He whispered.
Just then I realised that they had both Lucy and my mom had left the room.
"So..." He started.
"So..." I mumbled.
I started walking to wards the door and past him when I tripped and somehow landed on top of him. I was about to get up when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I knew it was wrong but it felt so right.

-------------------------------------------------
A/N
Sorry it took me so long to update but good news: everything is slightly more normal in my family now so I will stick to my original schedule and update every 2-3 days. I will also write the publish date on the end of each chapter.
Next update : New Year's Day!
xoxo