4. Tryouts Part 1

"What lessons do you have for period 1 and 2?" Ciara asked me as she pulled out her own timetable.

"Uh, give me a sec." I took the already crumpled piece of paper out of my hoodie pocket and placed it in her hands.

"Finally, someone who's in AP chemistry." Kayla said after snatching the timetable from Ciara who was still looking a bit confused as if she needed ttime to process what just happened.

"Hey! I was looking at it!" Ciara whined as she pouted.

"Keyword being 'was' Ciara now shut up." Kayla said as she turned back to me. She got out a highlighter and started to draw on my timetable. I looked closer and realised she had circled all the lessons I had with her.

"Ok so we have 2nd, 3rd and 5th together, perfect." I said as I heard loads of cheers coming from the end of the hall. I look up to see loads of jocks talking about football tryouts.

"Wait, is there a girls football team?" I ask curious to see if this was a sporty school.

"No, but you could always try out for the boys one" Ciara joked, but that got me thinking. Could I try out for the boys one? I mean they would be sexist pigs but they all are anyway. I think I'll do it, what's the worst that could happen? Me get humiliated and teased, but they would soon stop once I had thrown a punch or two.

"Yeah, I'm going to try out for the boys team." I thought out loud and hadn't realised what I'd done until they stared at me in disbelief. Oops.

"You what?!" Ciara turned to me as her phone slipped out of her hands but I caught it and placed it carefully in her hands.

"You know that would have smashed if it fell right?" I asked Ciara before she hung her head in shame. Just then, Kayla turned to me, saying:

"So you really gonna try out for the boys football team?"

"I might do I'll see." I said whilst we started to walk down the hall. Judging my look on the teachers face, and by the people that have taken all of the free chairs, we were late. This would be fun....not.

"Miss Jones!" I heard a voice in front of me screech.

"I'm guessing that's the old battleaxe then." I whispered to Kayla and see just tilted her head up slightly to one side.

"The teacher" I whispered again frustrated.

"Yep and chill out man." She whispered back and by now it was clear that the teacher had noticed, explaining the evil eyes that she was giving me.

"Can I help you?" I asked, irritated.

"Yes, by going and sitting down." She replied. I looked over to Kayla and Ciara who were already sitting in the only two spare seats available that were next to each other. I gave them a death glare and turned around but only to realise that the only spare seat was next to HIM. I sighed and made my way over to the spare desk.

"So we meet again, princess." He said whilst smirking and you could tell how much he was enjoying this.

"You don't bother me and I won't both you, got it?" I said whilst giving him an icy, cold stare.

"Where've you been all my life?" He whispered.

"Living mine." I replied whilst smirking. Two can play at this game.

The lesson went on and on and on. By the time it was lunch I was absolutely starving and made m way over to Kayla and Ciara as they started to leave the classroom.

"Where's the cafeteria?" I asked as I wondered if the food was edible or not. They didn't reply but just motioned for me to follow them. As I did, I realised that it was divided into sections. The jocks, the badboys, nerds, geeks, outsiders and us. I must have zoned out for a minute because I felt Kayla's arm digging into my rib.

"Oww, what was that for?" I asked whilst rubbing my side.

"For zoning out on us." She replied before dropping her bag down and picking up a pizza.

"We take it in turns to buy." Ciara told me as she could see that I was a little confused.

"Ohh, that makes more sense." I said before getting up to get a bottle of water. Unfortunately, I turned around to see what I'm guessing are the Queen B's and her minions.

"Can I help you?" I said whilst glaring at them. I hated people like them and I wasn't going to be pushed around.

"Yeah, I just wanted to know how you become so ugly." I stare at her in disbelief as I hear a few sniggers from around the food hall.

"Take a picture honey it'll last longer, she says whilt she gives me the classic hair flips and attempts to walk away. Well she's not getting away that easily. I grab her arm and pull her in front of me.

"Please an I take a picture? I like to take pictures of natural disasters." I say and walk away back to my table, leaving them and her minions dumbfounded. When I get back, I'm met which things like 'she deserved it' and 'it was hilarious., I think someone even videoed it.' I smiled and continued eating.

"Alix?" Ciara asked me as we were leaving school and she had that pleading look in her eyes.

"Yep?" I replied.

"Can you come to cheerleading tryouts with me please?" She asked as if she forgot who she was talking to.

"Me? Cheerleading? You may be my friend and all but I would never try out for cheerleading." I tell her as I hear someone coming up from behind me, and I could smell that scent from a mile away. Ryder.

"I think cheer leading would be perfect for you Alix, especially in the dress." He says whilst smirking. I simply tutted back and said:

"you know I'd say the same thing to you about you being in a football jersey, but it doesn't seem that appealing." I said whilst giving him the most sincere smile I could put on. I turned around and saw Ciara giving me puppy eyes and they were really hard to resist.

"Fine." I tell her, "I'll come but there is no way in hell that I'm trying out."

"But-" Ciara began to speak, but Kayla interrupted her:

"I would take it if I were you."

Time flew by and before I knew it we were heading over for Ciara's cheer leading tryouts.

I'm just going to get changed." I heard Ciara say as she left me just standing there. I heard a bell whistle blow. I looked over to the football tryouts. If only there was a girls team I'd be able to try out. Out of nowhere a ball came flying out towards me. Before I could fully register what just happening my hands reached out in front of me and caught it.

"Alix, is it?" I heard the coach say. "Can you kick it back please?"

I nodded and neatly kicked the ball back so that it landed right beside the coach's feet.

The whole team just looked at me in complete and utter shock. I guess none of the girls here really can play football.

"Alix, this may be a far stretch but would you like to try out for team?" Coach Jefferson asks me and I turn to look at the guys from the team who look so annoyed, but one looks the most irritated. Ryder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think will happen next? Will she say yes or will the looks from the team be enough to throw her off? Will she be able to resist Ryder's charms for much longer and how is she planning on keeping the Queen 's off her back. Stay tuned for the next chapter to find out!

Next update: 13th July 2017