5. Tryouts Part 2

I didn't know what to do. I mean obviously I wanted to try out but I couldn't speak for some reason and I didn't know why. Well, I did know why - him. This was ridiculous. I didn't know him at all and yet he was able to altar my decisions. Ugh. I mean I-

"So what do you think? Do you have what it takes?" Coach Jeffreys asked me. I mean maybe I did? By the looks of it the guys on the soccer team aren't better than me but it will take a while for them to be ok with me joining, but you know what? All my life I have been worried about what everyone will think about the decisions I make. I couldn't remember the last time I just did what I wanted and didn't think about other people so I decided to do something for me just this once.

"You know what?" I said to Coach, "sure." Well by the looks on their faces I could tell that I was already their favourite person (note the sarcasm). Just then Ryder spoke up:

"But coach this is a boys soccer team, and last time I checked she is definitely not a boy." He said whilst scoffing to his friends. Just then, he did something that really suprised me. He tried to guilt trip me. Me.

"Come on Alix, at least try to see things from my perspective." He said whilst giving me puppy eyes. That only works with Ciara. No-one else.

"I'm trying, I really am," I said "but I just can't seem to get my head that far up my ass." I think coach was speechless whilst the other teammates cracked up with laughter.

"You wanna play that game? Huh? Fine then smartass what's your comeback to roses are red, violets are blue god made me pretty, what the hell happened to you?" He just stood there looking so smug, and it was about time someone put him in his place.

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I've got five fingers and the middle one is for you." I said back in the most patronising tone possible. By this time, Coach had fully recovered and threw me the ball.

"Since you're late, you can go against Ryder." I heard a lot of 'oooohs' but honestly I didn't really care. I was on the guys soccer team back home and everyone thinks they're amazing. I heard a voice from behind me.

"Let's just get this over with." Of course it would be Ryder.

"Fine by me." I say and run onto the pitch. "Here you start with the ball"

"You sure you don't want the head start?" He said with a smug expression.

"I just don't want you to hold it against me when I win." I said with a wink.

"Let's see if you can put your money where your mouth is." And he followed me onto the grass. Great. I don't think it had quite sunk in yet. Competing against the best player on the team. Literally. Soccer player and heart breaker.

"Do you actually want to play or are you just going to stand there?" He said whilst chuckling. This must have been so funny for him.

"Let's do this."

He started with the ball and dribbled from side to side. But just as he got near the goal, I tackled him and stole the ball before shooting from one end of the pitch to the other (by the way it's a five a side pitch because a full size with just the two of us? Ha even Ronaldo wouldn't be able to do it.) He just looked at me, slightly baffled. However, after that he brought all of his best tricks, but then I brought mine. The scores kept on changing until the whistle was blown. 4 - 4. It was a draw. Why? Why couldn't it have just been settled? Ugh. This boy is driving me absoulutely f*cking crazy. I turned around to see the whole team just staring at me.

"What?" I asked, curious to know what why they were so engrossed.

"Yo-You b-beat the f-fo-soccer captain." One of the players said. Sam I think his name was.

"I didn't beat him we drew, why? Have none of you come that close to beating him before?" I asked, smirking.
They just stood there, some bowed their heads in shame whilst others were just speechless.
"Seriously? Wow. Ok. " I replied. "I'm going to go home now but first did I make the team?"
I looked at coach.
"I don't know I have to confer with Ryder as he is the captain." He said with a certain shine in his eye. If it was up to him I would definitely have gotten in but the fact that Ryder hates my guts makes me uncertain.
"Of course. See you later. " I said with a smile and a wave and I was off until I heard someone call my name.
"Alix!" I turned around to see Ciara running up to me.
"Oh sh*t the cheerleading practice I forgot. I'm so sorry!" I say trying to apologise.
"It's ok don't worry about it. And guess what?"
"What?" I say excited as the expression on her face says it all.
"I got in! Oh and I saw you talking to Coach just now. What was that all about?" She asked me and honestly I was slightly nervous. I didn't know how she was going to react. What's she going to be happy for me or judge me instead?
" I tried out for the soccer team?" I say trying to figure out her what her reaction will be by the look on her face.
"That's amazing! Did you get in...?" She asks me expectantly.
"Um I don't know? I mess pretty confident until I got told that Ryder has 50% of the decision and he hates my guts so...." I say disappointed.
"Aww but you like him...right?" She says trying to figure me out, but she's obviously not that good at it because she has it all wrong.
"No don't worry that feeling is definitely mutual. " I said whilst I tried to hold back laughter. Just then Kayla joined us.
"Hey where were you?" I asked, having a feeling that she was hiding something.
"Um I was with someone doing something. " she said whilst her cheeks began to turn pink.
"So basically you were with a guy flirting" Ciara said and I turned to her.
"Our little baby growing up. I'm so proud." Ciara began to laugh and continued to tease her.
"Her first little crush."
"So who is he?" I ask. I may be nosy but at least I'm not devious.
"I can't say." Kayla replied as we walked out of the school gates.
"You're kidding...right?" I said before giving her a serious glare.
"Nope sorry guys we just want to see if it's actually going somewhere first."
Ciara then spoke.
"Fine, but you better tell us soon because it's going to kill me, ok?"
I'll think about it." She said before winking. I sighed. I respected her privacy but I wished she could open up to us.
"So what were you up to? Did you try out in the end?" Kayla asked me.
"I did and it was going really well but it turns out that It's also up to Ryder so I'm pretty much doomed. "
"Ooh that's rough. " she replied before showing real pity. They understood how much we didn't like each other so they knew that it was going to take a lot of persuasion from the coach to let me in.
"Speaking of the devil..." coats muttered under her breath. I was confused until I heard his voice.
"Alix we've decided. The decision is-

-------------------------------------------------------hi guys! Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while but I promise the next chapter will be up in a day or two. Thank you so much for all the reads and please help me get to 500 by the end of tomorrow! See you soon!
-AM
xx

~6{ '