3. Being the New Kid

The journey here was a completely blur. I remembered coming out of the airport, collecting luggage and getting in our taxi but before long I was disrupted by a familiar voice.
"Honey? We're here." My mom said as she gently nudged me.
"Where are we?" I asked as I wiped away the sleep from my eyes.
"Outside the house, come on."
I reluctantly stood up and followed her inside lagging my suitcase in after her.
"The removal van should be here in about fifteen minutes or so." She said as she put the kettle on.
"I'm going upstairs to lie down then." I shouted as I trudged upstairs and fell onto the mattress. I turned my phone off of aeroplane mode and called Kai on whatsapp.
"Hey, I've landed and we're in the house."
"what's it like? Are there any skateboard parks anywhere? Motorbike ramps?"
"I dunno, I've only been here for about ten minutes."
"Here, I'll look it up for you" Two seconds passed before I heard a "Yep there are some near your school. Wilcrost High right?"
"That's the one." I sighed before covering my head with the duvet.
"Sorry K I have to go now my mom is calling me I think the van is here"
"Yeah no worries speak soon, bye."
"bye."
I already missed him, and I hadn't seen him for 21 hours and 34 minutes. Yep, I was screwed.
I walked into the kitchen and my mom just pointed towards the van.
"Take your boxes and start to unpack please as you'll be starting school tomorrow." I froze.
"Tomorrow?"
"Yeah, you can't start to fall behind now Alix. You need to carry on and try not to let this move disrupt you and your learning." It already had, how could she not see that?
It took an hour overall to unpack everything and by which time, my motorbike came!
"Alix you should go to sleep you seem shattered" I heard a voice coming from the living room whilst I got on my baby. I sighed. She was right. I was exhausted and felt my eyelids start to become heavy so it would probably be dangerous to have ridden.
I lifted off my helmet and went inside to see a car approach the driveway next to ours. I saw a car door open and a little boy, probably about five climb out along with a boy probably around my age. He had dark brown, scruffy - looking hair and blue eyes. He picked the boy up and ran inside. Something was different about him but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I wonder if he goes to the same high school I'm going to. I climb into bed and turn off the light. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.
-------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock ringing in my head. Ugh. My first day at Wilcrost. I got changed into some ripped jeans and a grey hoodie saying: Tell someone who cares.

I went downstairs and grabbed a muffin. I was about to leave when I saw the guy from yesterday putting on his motorbike helmet. Hey was wearing a leather jacket and black jeans. Great. I live next door to the badboy. Although....that motorbike is really nice and I wonder if mine is faster. He'll never race me if I'm a girl I thought so an idea came to mind. Just as he was leaving, I put my helmet on and went outside onto my motorbike. I started it up and tagged along after him. After a minute I realised he was going to my school. I don't think he realised I was there until I overtook him. Ha. So my bike is faster. I thought I was winning until he overtook me.

I fake swerved left and went right and by the time he realised what I was doing, I had overtaken him and was way ahead. For the rest of the journey he kept on trying to get in front but luckily I knew what I was doing. I swerved in that direction cutting him off to and fro. To my surprise he wasn't half bad but back in Florida I raced with people like him all the time and their tactics never change.

As we got nearer school I increased the speed and so did he, but I got there first and parked my bike before getting up and checking my phone. It was 8:15 so I still had 15 minutes because first period actually started. I was about to take off my helmet when he pulled up next to me and him and his friends joined up, walking towards me.

"Hey. Are you new here dude I don't think I've seen you here before?" He questioned. I contemplated going along with being a guy but before I knew what I was doing I took of my helmet and let my hair swish from side to side. My hair was a light brown which was dip dyed blond at the bottom He just stared at me along with all his friends in complete and utter shock.
However it wasn't long before one of the friends said "Oh sh*t. That's not a dude."
"Careful honey" I said in the most patronising voice I could pull off "if you don't close your mouth you're going to swallow a fly."

I went up to the reception and spoke to a little old lady who I'm guessing is the receptionist.
"Excuse me. I'm Alix. I'm new and need my locker key and timetable?" I said whilst grinning at her politely, I mean who doesn't like sweet old ladies?

"Of course here you go." She said smiling.
I thanked her and made my way over to my locker but before I could open it a pair of muscular hands stopped me.
"Hey about earlier. Sorry I called you a dude. Do you wanna go out sometime?" He said whilst smirking against my neck. He thought he was going to make me uncomfortable but he should think again.
"Ummm are you talking to me?" I giggled flirtatiously and wrapped a strand of my hair around my finger. When he thought I wasn't looking he winked to one of his friends. Idiot. Let's continue to have some fun though.

"Of course babe I don't see anyone else as pretty as you around here. " I had to contain my laughter but it was all too much.
"Is that what you say to all the girls?" I asked shyly. Man he is dumber than I thought.
"Nope." He said whilst smirking. Before he knew what was happening I had him in a headlock and kneed him in the balls.

"Never, ever lie to me ever again got it?" I whispered in his ear and by now quite a crowd has formed around us.
He winced in pain and I let him go. I stared at everyone watching.
"Don't any of you have lives?" I asked, irritated.
Suddenly a girl comes up to me with brown eyes and dark brown hair.
"Quite a kick you've got there, wanna hang out with us at lunch?" She asked even though I still don't know her name or the people standing beside her.
"Uh I guess? But just to make sure you don't run the school...right?" I said trying to be polite as I could but I hoped they got the hint.
"No we're not the Queen B's around here don't worry. Oh and good job in telling Ryder off he needed someone to deflate his ego just a little bit. "

So his name was Ryder. The name sounded familiar but I couldn't quite place it. Anyway it didn't matter because like him can't be trusted and I don't tend to make the same mistake twice. I must have zoned out because suddenly I heard a voice from behind her.

"My names Sam" She stuck her hand out to me. I took it and said back "Alix"
Then another girl introduced herself.
"My name is Ciara." She was so pretty with light blonde hair and green eyes. She was wearing a t-shirt that said : you live your life and I'll live mine. She whacked me playfully in the side and I nudged her in the ribs and swung my arm over Kayla's shoulder. Just then Kayla began to speak
"Something tells me that this could be the start of a beautiful friendship."

---------------
A/n hi guys! I'm sorry this chapter isn't great but I really wanted to get it out to you today. If you have any suggestions just send me a message and I'll fix it right away! Thank you so much for reading and I'll see you again tomorrow! Btw if any of you have an ideas of what should happen next just message me or leave it in the comments. Until next time
A M
Xx