The Party

Kayla's P.O.V

Okay so maybe I did something crazy. But joining the mathlete team just so I could hang out with Josh isn't that crazy. Right? I may have cyber stalked him. He wears these geeky glasses in his photos that are so cute! Pull yourself together Kayla, god. But seriously though. Does that make me crazy? I mean yes I hate maths but I found out that I'm actually not half bad if I pay attention and don't cut. Class. Don't cut class. Not that I find it weird or anything but I'm happy with the way my life is right now.
I started to walk down the corridor but didn't get very far before i met Alix and Ciara.
"Here's to the birthday girl!" Ciara said as she swung her arm over my shoulder.
"It's your birthday? Why didn't you say anything?" Alix said as she raised an eyebrow. I know what your thinking. Since when is it my birthday? Well it was, but I don't like to make a big thing of it. It's not because of a big tragic accident, but I just don't like the spotlight in general. Sam or Ciara were always the ones to make a big thing of their birthday.
"It's not a big deal." I replied, whilst shrugging my shoulders.
"Not that big of a deal? We should have a party!" Alix screamed.
"Ok ok calm down. " I reasoned. I did like parties but being the reason for it is a completely different thing. It's just a room full of hot sweaty teenagers who you barely even know, but they pretend to know who you are so they can get free food and drink.
"Yes. Yes. Yes!" Ciara said whilst jumping up and down. I guess what they say about cheerleaders being peppy really is true.
Before I knew it we were in algebr and they had already made plans for when and where the party was happening.
"Ooh we could do it at my house because my folks are away!" Ciara said in such a high pitch voice that I swear I heard a dog bark.
"Mall after class?" Alix asked as we sat down and we nodded. There was no point staying because we had study hall after followed by music. And I can not sing to save my life.
Alix's P.O.V
I was on my phone playing flappy bird and I was at 92 before a book slammed down on my desk.
"Can I help you?" I asked, rolling my eyes when I realised that it was Prince Charming.
"Yeah. This is my seat. So take your fat ass and move." He replied. I could not believe him. I may be hot tempered or crap at singing but unlike most girls I was not conscious about my weight. I have a nice figure and how dare he come in and fucking insult me like that! But then I remembered back to that time in 5th grade. All those girls standing around me and jeering,

"Look, it's Falix!" One girl shouted as she nudged me even harder until I stumbled to the ground.

"Fatty Alix, Fatty Alix, Fatty Alix." They shouted as they circled me. I can feel the pin I was going through, but I'm not that girl anymore. I'm not the type of girl who falls in love at first sight, or the girl who's so naïve that she doesn't realise that it was all a bet. That girl is long gone.

"Um, hello? Did you hear me? I said MOVE." Ryder yelled, and by now the whole class was gawking in anticipation.

"No." I said calmly, I mean there's always peace before the storm.

A guy came up from behind him, "Come on man, leave it."

"Fine." He huffed and sat down in front.

"All right class, let's start." Mrs Alderman began, but all I could think about was Ryder. Not like that, ew. I just can't believe he's been treating people like this! Speaking of Ryder, I wonder where their dad is, he wasn't there either time. Also, because I had no idea it was Kayla's birthday, I didn't get her a present! I'm a terrible friend. Oh well, I'll tell Ciara to distract her today at the mall.

"Psst, Kayla"I whispered, nudging her to get her attention.

"Yep?" She replied.

"I was thinking about the party, what if it was a costume party?" I asked. Back home, we had tons of costume parties and even though they may seem lame, they are actually cool.