7. I don't like her...Do I?

"Me." I said trying to copy his reaction.

"What are you doing here?" You could see the anger in his eyes.

"What, is there is a list or something that you have to be on in order to come?"

"It's like you're following me or something. And in answer to your question, yes there is." He said looking so proud and mighty. We would see how long that lasted.

"You're fucking kidding me right?" I said, exasperated.
"Didn't your parents ever tell you it was rude to swear?" He said looking cocky.
"Didn't your parents ever tell you it was rude to be a d*ck?" I fired back. Life was tough without these dumbasses ruining it even more.
"Anyway I'd love to stay and chat, but I would like to be able to get into that 'list'." I said in a serious tone so I was surprised when I received the reaction I did.
"Yeah very funny. Fucking hilarious. " he said whilst actually doubling over with laughter.
"And what is so funny about that?" I demanded. God he was so frustrating.
"Just the fact that you will never be able to get in. Ever. They don't allow girls to skate here. "
I could feel my cheeks start to warm up as the anger cursed through my veins. This was what he wanted. I kept telling myself.
"Oh yeah? Says who?"
"The person in charge and he's not here right now, I am and what I say goes so you can't skate here. Sorry princess." He said whilst smirking. Seriously. What is up with boys and smirking? It just makes them look like an idiot.
"Princess. Really? You couldn't have thought of a more original nickname? To be fair though, you are incapable of thinking so that would be hard. "
"Do you want me to think of a nice nickname for you?" He questioned. Shit. For the first time in my life. I was actually speechless. Great. His ego didn't need another boost.
"Look. Can't you just let me try out?" I said, exasperated.
"Sure thing, princess. But in the end it's down to me and my decision is final. "
"Fine, whatever." I flip my board up and go to the ramps. If I had messed this up then I would never hear the end of it. No pressure. No pressure at all.
I pressed down on my foot to push myself forward. I started off with a plain jump, start simple, I thought to myself. I landed neatly and started to skate down the ramp before coming up to the top and doing a 180 degree flip, pulling my skateboard out from under me and landing with my skateboard by my side. If I did my best tricks then, nothing that came later would be a surprise, I thought. Overall I was quite happy with what I did but apparently I was the only one who thought so.
"You're good," Ryder said as he slow - clapped "but just not that good."

"Wait what?" I said as I was genuinely confused. I may not be the best in this park but I've seen videos and from what I have looked through, I was just as good as them.
"Yeah, I mean I would love for you to join but it's just sadly not possible." He said, but whilst his words could be perceived as severe he was not. He had a childish glint in his eye because he knew he was in control. I would have loved to beat the crap out of him right then but I knew that if I did that, my chances of getting in would be even less.
I needed to get out of there before I did something I regretted. I was walking for about 20 minutes when I stumbled across a park. I sat on a bench and opened Netflix on my phone. Suits. My favourite series at the moment. I was watching Donna prove to Steve  her awesomeness (sorry for those of you out there who have no idea what I'm talking about but I just couldn't resist) when a little girl that seemed familiar and she couldn't have been more than 6 came up to me and said:
"Hi! My name is Katie. You live next door to us. Don't you?" She asked. She had sky blues eyes and chestnut hair tied up in two plaits. She was wearing jeans and a white hoodie with blue stars on the sleeves.
"Wait sorry, do you have a brother?" I asked. I had to make sure she is Ryder's sister although part of me had wished she wasn't.
"His name is Ryder and you're Alex. He's mentioned you before." Great. I leave to get away from him but it seemed like wherever U went he was somehow present. If I didn't need to get her home then I would have asked what but the main thing in my mind was the fact that he had left her.
"How did you get to the park?" I asked her.
"My brother came but then he saw his ex - girlfriend Megan and he went off with her. " she said pouring. That bastard. Leaving his sister for a girl? Megan. Megan. The name sounded familiar. Then i realised that that was the bimbo who came up to me on the first day of school.
So could you take me home?" She asked me.
"Of course sweetie. " I got out my phone and went onto google maps. 'I should really know the way around by now' I thought but with google maps, why would anyone bother?
As we were walking I learnt a lot about her. I figured out that she had dyslexia like my cousin and that when she was older, she wanted to be amazing at skateboarding.
"I really want to learn how to skateboard" Were her exact words to which I replied:
"Why doesn't your brother teach you then?"
"He says that I'm too young. " she said whilst giving me her signature pout. I'm guessing this was her equivalent to puppy eyes.
"Give at year and you'll be old enough" I said whilst stroking her hair. She was one of the sweetest kids I had ever met. Before I knew it we were at her house.
"Come in so you can meet my mommy!" She said as she tugged on my arm and pulled me to the door. For a 6 year old she was very strong.
I rang the doorbell and not a minute later a petit lady came. She was literally a female version of Ryder. She had chestnut hair similar to Katie's and hazel eyes with green outlining.
"Come in sweetie and who's this? Wait you seem familiar. " she said with her head tilted up to one side.
"You're Lizzy's daughter aren't you?"
"Yes. That's me." I replied with a smile. I could tell that she was a lovely woman. Before I knew what was happening, I was being pulled into a hug.
"Oh sweetie I've heard so much about you please come in." She exclaimed as she closed the door.
"Than-" I was about to reply when I heard a slam of a door.
"Mom I ca-" he stopped when he saw me.
"What's she doing here?" He said putting so much emphasis on the 'she' you would have thought I was a rat.
"Honey she is the reason why Katie got home safely. What happened to you?" She said mimicking his voice. I had to stifle a giggle by the way he was such a good boy when his mother was there.
"Alex, can I talk you for a sec?" He said, gesturing to the stairs.
"Yeah? Sure." I said hesitantly. What did he want to talk about? Should I be scared? Ha. Me scared of him? Not a chance.
As soon as we got to the second floor he dragged me into what I guessed was his room. I was going to make a joke but I reminded myself of him leaving his sister for the school's slut so I kept my mouth shut.
"What the hell? Taking my sister from me? I knew we don't like each other but I never thought you would stoop that low!" He rambled on. Wow. I was not expecting that.
"Excuse me for taking YOUR sister home because YOU were too busy talking to your ex!" I snapped. How dare he? How fucking dare he?
"Listen, I can explain!" He said whilst grabbing my arm before I tried to make my exit.
"I don't give two shits. I'm leaving. " and with that I snatched my arm away and slammed the door.
"Sorry my mom is calling me for dinner now. " I say and give Katie and her mom an apologetic smile.
"Don't worry sweetie, pop round whenever ok?"
"Yeah sure" I say as I tie up the laces on my converses and go out of the door.

Ryder's P.O.V
I needed to talk to someone. Anyone. She couldn't have stayed five more injures to let me explain. Fucking Megan. So like her to screw everything up. I whipped my phone out of my pocket and called Chris.
"Hey Mate can you come over?" He knew Alix from school.
"Yeah sure. What's up?" He replied.
"I'll explain everything later." I hung up. Chris lived a couple doors down so he wouldn't take long. A couple minutes late there was a knock on my door.
"Come in" I said as I swung the door open. Chris walked past me and started talking.
"So, what did you want to talk about?" He asked.
"More like who I want to talk about. Alix. " I said and I started to tell him what happened. By then end, I was expecting sympathy but the reaction I got what far from it. He was laughing. Laughing!
"What? What is SO funny?" I was practically screaming at this point.
"The fact that that is EXACTLY what you would have done if you were in that position. And the fact that you have never cared so much about anyone's opinions unless you cared about what they think. " he said whilst looking like he was Sherlock fucking Holmes.
"I don't care about what she thinks? Why would I? She has no significance to me whatsoever. " I told him but what scared me was that what he said slightly made sense.
"You care about what's she thinks of you because you like her and you care about her in general. " He couldn't be more wrong though.
I don't like her.
I don't?
I don't.
Do I?
Shit.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N hi guys! I'm so so so sorry that I haven't uploaded in a while. I was on holiday and i am currently at a wedding dinner so the holidays have been a bit hectic but I'm not really doing much in the holidays now so I should update every 1-2 days again! *clapping* thank you thank you thank you very much. Anyway I know the beginning of this chapter isn't great but it is 1857 words so that kind of makes it better? See you very soon!
Am
xx