2. Goodbyes are never easy

I couldn't believe it. I was going to have to say goodbye to all the memories-good and bad. I just wish I had more time. Three days. Three days to say goodbye to my friends. Well, the ones I had left - it's a long story but once my dad passed away I became very closed off and I lost a few friends because of it, but I don't want to go back in time and change the way I dealt with it. My mum told me that everyone grieves differently and this was my way of coping with it. This is one of the main reasons why I don't want to leave Kai. He was there for me when no-one else was and the thought of leaving him when he was there for me just doesn't feel right. I just-

"Alix?" Kai asked me and I could see the worried expression on his face. "What's wrong?"

"What do you mean?" I asked without a care in the world. See? This was my way of dealing with things. Not letting anyone realise what I'm feeling, unfortunately Kai knew me slightly too well.

"I mean first you text me and ask to meet up completely out of the blue. I know you A what's going on?"

I sighed. I had to tell him sooner or later, goodbyes are never easy but if you don't get a chance to say them then it will be a something you regret for the rest of your life.

"I'mmovingtoCaliforniabecausetherearetoomanymemoriesofdadformymumandsheneedstomoveon." I say trying to get it all over and done with.

"Wait what?" Kai questioned whilst giving me a confused look, slightly tilting his head to one side.

"I'm moving to California because there are too many memories of dad for my mum and she needs to move on." I look at the ground, I can't bear to see his face.

"Oh."

"Oh. Oh. That's all you have to say?!" I practically scream whilst everyone in the cafe turns to look at me like I'm some crazy woman.

"Well what do you want me to say? Do you want me to tell you that I wish you weren't leaving? That you shouldn't go? That I'll miss you so f*cking much and I'll be lost without you? Because that's what I feel like saying. But I know I shouldn't because it will just make things so much bloody harder than they already are. You need to do this for your mum, she's been through so much, and I understand that but we've been through so much together and it was a surprise so I'm sorry for saying 'oh.' but that's all I could muster without ranting like I am now and hurting you which by the looks of it is what I'm doing."

I turn and look in the mirror on the wall. He's right, my eyes are red and puffy and my hair is a complete mess. My mascara has run and my eyeliner has smudged. I do look like a complete mess.

"I'm sorry" I whisper, trying to avoid his gaze, when suddenly I'm pulled into a warm embrace.

"It's not your fault ok? I'm sorry for ranting and hey. We still have skype and whatsapp, ok? The main thing I'm going to miss is seeing you beat up boys who come near you that aren't me.

I chuckle. "I guess you're right and we should make the most of the last few days we have left...right?"

"Right" And he kissed the top of my forehead.

The next few days went by in a hurry. My mum told the dean our situation and after much persuading he let me and Kai have the next few days off to just hang out. It was now our last day before we left in the morning. We were sitting on the top of a hill and you could see everything.

"I love you bro" I said whilst turning to face him and smiled. That was our thing. We connected so well that we were convinced that we were siblings who were seperated at birth.

"I love you too sis"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up at 5:30 because of my dumb alarm clock.

"WHO SET THIS FOR 5:30?" I screamed at the top of my voice whilst lifting the covers off of me.

"I did." I turn over to see Kai standing by my bed with a huge grin on his face holding a tray full of pancakes.

"If you didn't have pancakes right now I would probably strangle you but seriously. Why did you wake me up this early?" I ask whilst sitting up in bed and snatching the tray away from him.

"I just figured that once you move I won't be able to annoy you anymore so I just thought that I should make the most out of this morning y'know? He said whilst giving me a hard nudge in the ribs so that I'd move up, I would have fought back but I was too engrossed in my pancakes to really care.

I obliged and let him sit down.

"That and you have to pack so eat, get dressed and I will be in in 10 minutes to start to help you pack." He said whilst stealing one of my pancakes.

"Yes mother." I whispered so he wouldn't hear.

"What was that?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said in sweet voice that was obviously fake.

It was my last day here, I couldn't get annoyed at him but he is really testing my patience. I got up and had a shower in five minutes. I'm not really one of those girls who takes forever getting dressed. I got changed and applied a little mascara by which time he had come back in.

"Ready?" He said whilst bringing in cardboard boxes.

"As ready as I'll ever me." I muttered under my breath but I'm pretty sure he heard it.

After three hours, the removal vans had come and taken everything away. I was thinking about how much I'll miss this place when my mom interrupted me:

"You coming?" She asked me. "Our flight takes off in two hours. I nodded. It's now or never.

As soon as we got to the airport, Kai came and took my mum's suitcase. (Yes, Kai came because I've know him since I was five and it just wouldn't feel right.)

We scanned our boarding passes as we heard the overhead speaker : "Passengers boarding the 1:05 pm flight to California, please start to make your way over to security.

I hugged Kai so tightly I think I was beginning to crush his windpipe.

"If you ever , I mean ever forget about me I will personally come back and beat you up so badly, you'll be hospitalised, got it?" I whispered so only he could hear me. He ruffled my hair and then whispered back:

"I wouldn't have it any other way." I smiled and hugged him one last time before I had to go. Since we got there so late we didn't have time to do any shopping but that was okay because I wasn't really in the mood. My mom hadn't spoken to me since we left Kai either, she understood that I just needed to be alone with my thoughts for a bit and that's what I love about her. He was right. Goodbyes make things to real.

As we got on the plane I looked out the window and put my beats on. I slowly startly close my eyes and thought to myself. Saying goodbye to Kai and my hometown today was probably one of the hardest things I've had to do. But then again, I guess goodbyes are never easy.

----------------------------
Hi It's your author here! Just wanted to let you know that this chapter was 1306 words😨 no but seriously thank you so much for reading this chapter and I will see you again tomorrow around roughly the same time but probably a bit earlier
-AM
xx