Chapter Four- Craig

I spot Catherine sat laughing at something her friend is saying to her, and her beautiful face light's up.

Fuck me, she's gorgeous.

I feel someone come up behind me and wrap their arms around my waist, the familiar perfume tells me it's Rebecca Mullergan. "You didn't call me" she tries to purr but comes out as a whine, and at that moment Catherine looks out of the canteen window looking at the fucking predicament I'm in and her smile dies.

Fuck.

Rebecca Mullergan, was one of my drunken mistakes, she put her number in my phone telling me to call her.

Yeah, I deleted as soon as I got home.

Catherine looks to my face, she must see in my expression that this is something I don't fucking want as am trying to get Rebecca's hands from around my waist. Catherine's face morphs into something I can't quite decipher, her friend Layla looks confused as Catherine stands up making her way outside the canteen with a flustered Layla running behind her.

Catherine winks at me and before I can even ask what she's doing she kisses me.

She fucking kisses me.

I can't even hear the catcalls and cheers around us, I just see and feel her. Catherine breaks the kiss, taking me by the hand pulling me with her to where I don't fucking know, I don't fucking care. "Oh, my god, Cat. What the fuck, you know Becky's gonna be all up in your face now" one of becky's minions warns Catherine as she walks us back into the canteen.

She shrugs and sits down ignoring the girl's warning, the girl huffs. "Don't say I didn't warn ya, Cat" she tells Catherine as she walks away.

Catherine let's go of my hand and looks down at her lap and I just wanna hold her again, only her best friend Layla breaks the silence by laughing her arse off. "Oh, my fucking god, Catherine. That was fucking epic, that babe, did you see becky's face then" she cackles. "Fucking priceless" she says holding her fist out for Catherine to bump with, Catherine giggles shyly but bumps fists with her best friend.

Layla then looks at me with a fiery look in her eyes. "So, you're russ's little brother?" She asks me as she places her hands on her hips.

Fucking hell, I have a fucking name.

"He has a name, Layla, don't start" Catherine warns her.

Layla ignores Catherine studying me."Stand up for a sec" she asks me suddenly.

Confused, I look to Catherine who shrugs and back to layla again before standing up, Layla's gaze follows my movements until I'm stood up straight. "Fucking hell, am nearly snapping my neck here, lurch"she teases earning a a quiet giggle from catherine. "How tall are you?" she asks me.

"6'2" I tell her.

Layla is cutie with blond curly hair, she's smaller than Catherine, but has a fire in her eyes that tells me she takes no shit. "Hmm, well my girl here likes you." she clarifies making Catherine hiss in embarrassment."Layla"

I chuckle looking at Catherine who blushes furiously. "Does she now?"

"She does" Layla nods. "She's very protective of you, Craig. She tells me you don't like being compared to your brother—is that right?" she asks me.

I frown looking at Catherine, cos I don't remember telling her that. "Er, I don't." I say frowning in confusion as to how Cathrine could possibly know that about me.

"Oh, my girl here is quite good at reading people" layla winks.

"She is?" I query still looking at Catherine who's looking at me like she's looking into my soul.

Layla nods. "Yup, but let's get back to business—what are your intentions with my girl here?" she asks as she folds her arms in front of her.

"Layla" Catherine hisses.

Layla, of course ignores Catherine, and carries on with her assault. "I mean you don't like being compared to your brother, but forgive me if am wrong—wasn't you just with queen of the sluts?" she asks arching an eyebrow.

"Not that it's any of your business, Tinkerbelle" I growl. "But she was a mistake, a drunken mistake—she wanted me to call her—I didn't" I shrug.

Catherine's eyes widen at my words, and instantly feel a cunt for saying them, but what can I say? I had a life before I met her.
"Catherine's nothing like Becky, so if you're looking for a quick fuck you've come to the wrong girl" Layla snarls.

fuck me for a tiny person she packs a shit ton of fire.

"Layla" Catherine says softly. "It's okay babe, I can take care of myself" she tells Layla with a beautiful smile before looking to me.
"I apologise for kissing you back there Craig, but you seemed like you didn't want her arms around you. You almost looked disgusted" she laughs, but I know it's not her laugh. "I apologise If I misread the situation" she says before turning to layla. "Come on, Layla. We're gonna be late for class" Catherine says as she stands up grabbing hold of a reluctant Layla dragging her out behind her.

I don't even have time to shake out of my stupor to call her back before she's gone.

Fuck. Me. She likes me.

I grin to myself.

"Why are you with the likes of her, when you can have me" I hear Rebecca's whine behind me.

And there goes my smile— my god I must of been rat arsed when I got with her.

"The likes of her, Rebecca?" I scoff. "Catherine is ten times the person you are, she's real—you were a mistake who I was trying to let down gently by not calling, but then you had to go an open your mouth about Catherine, didn't you?" I shake my head in disgust.

"A mistake?" She gasps with tears coming down her face.

Normally I'd feel guilty about making a girl cry, but I know Rebecca, and I know she is a piece of work. I shrug. "I don't know what you're getting all upset for?" I tell her not phased at all by her display, Rebecca's cruel she's been that way since we were kids.

She has a way of manipulating situations to her advantage. "Are you kidding me?" She fumes as I arch an eyebrow up at her. "I thought we had a connection, Craig" she purrs sliding up against me.

"Nah, babe. The only connection we had was too much booze and a mediocre fuck" I tell her as I push her away ignoring the gasps and murmurs around me.

"You think you're some big shot, don't you,Craig Berkeley?" She snarls as I start to walk away. "You're not, you know—it's only because of your russ you are where you are now" she laughs evilly as she walks behind me. "Nawww, poor Craig" she taunts. "You're russ Berkeley's little brother, and that's all you'll ever be" she says loudly as I keep walking away from her before leaving the school grounds pissed as fuck.

What if she's right? What if that's all I'll ever be?

"Nah, Fuck that" I fume to myself. "I'm Craig Fucking Berkeley, that's who I'll be. I'll show them. I'll show them all" I say out loud as I make my way back into the school grounds.

I get my phone out and text Catherine.
Me: I'm sorry Kitty Cat
She replies instantly
Kitty Cat: it's okay, no worries
No XO's—fuck.
Me: No. It's not Kitty Cat, can you meet me later? I have training but I'll meet you at the McDonald's in the towny say 6.30, Please?
She takes longer to reply this time but.
Kitty Cat: Okay
Still no XO's, why the fuck I'm arsed about XO's I don't know—but fuck, that kiss.

I've been kissed before but never before like that, the taste of her on my tongue as she caressed her tongue with mine, I groan as my cock hardens in response. "Not now, lad. It's time to think with my other head now for once." I talk to my piece as it twitches, and I make my way to class with a grin on my face.

Cat's different, she's special.