Chapter Three- Catherine

"Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god" I mutter to myself as I walk my arse back to class.

He's here, how is he here? How did I not know he even goes here?!? I get my phone out and text Layla, hopefully she's got her phone on silent.

Me: Okay, you will never guess who I've just seen xx

Layla: Babe, am never gonna guess right, so you might aswell just tell me x

Me: Remember that lad I met at the wedding? He's here!!! X

Layla: What do you mean, he's here? Who is he? X

And then I remember I didn't actually tell her who he was. Fuck...

Me: It's amber's fella's brother x
Layla: Hang On!!! Are you fucking telling me..
Layla: That Craig Fucking Berkeley
Layla: Was chatting you up...
Layla: And you didn't tell me!!! What the fuck, woman?!?

Oh, shit. She's pissed...

Me: In my defence I didn't know he goes here!! X

Layla: I don't give a flying fuck about that... why didn't you tell me who it was? X

Me: Cos I didn't think I'd see him again, it was nothing x

Layla: Bull. Shit!!! It wasn't nothing, and you know it!! You and me are having words at break time!! X

Me: Fine. Meet you by the fountain x

I pocket my phone and walk back into class, Mrs Molloy has just started an experiment.
"Catherine, I was beginning to think you ditched my class" she jokes. "What took you so long?" she asks lighting the Bunsen Burner.

Mrs Molloy is my chemistry teacher, she's one of my favourite teachers, and the only one to know about our Holly's disability as I confided in her when things got hard at home and mrs Molloy was noticing my struggles in class.

"Sorry, Miss. I went to the toilet on the way back" I lie.

Her eyes come back to me as her eyes narrow in suspicion. "Get your Goggles on Catherine, so we can begin our experiment" she tells me not calling me out on my lie.

With a sigh of relief, I put my goggles on as Mrs Molloy addresses the class. "Right everyone, this experiment goes towards your assignment grade if you do it right, the better off you are, if not—well, let's hope your written work doesn't lack" she tells us all.

That's another thing I love about Mrs Molloy, she tells it like it is, doesn't sugar coat anything. I take a deep breath in before starting the experiment, an hour later, my experiment completed with my essay written up. Thank fuck...

I leave to find Layla who is waiting for me at the school fountain, I check my phone on the way to the fountain and I notice I have a text from Craig.

Craig: Meet me at the canteen when your next lesson finishes, I'll see you soon, beautiful!

Grinning, I reply.

Me: Okay,see you soon xo

Should I put xo? Or just leave it? I think to myself—fuck it. I press send on my text leaving it as it is and place my phone back in my bag as I near the fountain, layla spots me and runs over not giving me a chance to speak she lays into me."Okay, why the fuck did you not tell me you was with Craig Berkeley at the wedding?" she hisses. "And what did he say to you earlier?" she asks adamantly.

"Well, if you'll let me get a word in edgeways" I hiss playfully. "Fuck me, lay. Are you alright now? Need a Prozac, or some shit?" I huff as I sit down on the bench next to the fountain, I look at Layla and she's trying to hide a smirk cos she knows am right.

"Don't you sass me right now, woman. Now spill" she grins excitedly. "What's he like? Is he as nice looking as his brother? What did he say to you earlier?" she asks excitedly.

I scrunch my nose up at the thought of russ being good looking, I mean I see him more like a big brother, he's alright looking though—but Craig...I feel myself blush.

"By the looks of your face I'd say Craig's way better looking then russ" Layla smiles widely.

I blush again nodding. "Oh, Lay" I sigh. "He's gorgeous, funny, and sweet—and you should of seen how he was with our hol's" I tell her as I grin to myself. "I didn't actually think I'd see him again, least of all see him at the same school" I laugh. "It's weird how I've never seen him here before now" I admit to Layla, and she nods. "He probably keeps to himself, now tell me what you talked about earlier?" she practically squeals the last bit.

I blush furiously. "He was running late this morning, and was getting his latemark" I tell her. "That's how we bumped into each other, he want's to see me again" I smile shyly. "He texted me before asking me to meet him at the canteen at lunch time" I tell her.

"Oh, my god. Are you dating him now?" she asks me.

"Layla, we've only just met, this isn't even a date" I laugh. "He just wants to see me thats all" I shrug.

"I can't imagine Craig Berkeley wants to see you for nothing" she laughs.

What's that supposed to mean?

"What the hell is that supposed to mean, lay?" I hiss defensively.

"Well, if he's anything like his brother was—" she clarifies.

"What the fuck, lay? Craig is nothing like his brother, I know all about russ and his manwhore ways, but Craig isn't like that" I argue. "He was nothing but nice to me at the wedding" I add as the bell rings.

Break times over...

"Am gonna go to class, I'll speak to later" I say as I walk away.

"Cat, am sorry babe. I'm just trying to look out for you that's all. I'm your best friend" she tells me as she closes the distance between us. "What kinda best friend would that make me if I didn't look out for you?" she adds as she links her arm with mine.

I smile, sighing sadly. "I know babe, and I love you for it—it's just I get the feeling he gets compared to russ a lot, and he doesn't like it" I tell her. "He's Craig. Not Russ" I shrug.

"Okay, I get it—I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But I wanna be there with you when you meet him" she insists.

Oh no!

I grimace instantly.

"Now, Now, Miss Murphy—he has to have the best friend approval and warning stamp, you know this" she grins mischievously.

"Okay, just..." I hesitate.

"I will be the lovely sweet best friend you know and love.—but with added sass" she winks as she walks away to her next class. "See you at dinner time, darling" she shouts in a posh voice
I get my phone out and text Craig.

Me: Hey! I hope you don't mind company, my best friend Layla want's to meet you xo PS sorry her crazy behavior is untameable xo

His reply is instant.

Craig: Aaaah! The Best Friend Approval, I get itno worries, Kitty Cat, see you soon

Kitty Cat!! I really do like that name...

Me: XO

I sigh happily as I make my way to my next lesson, grinning like a fool.