Chapter [30]

Chapter 30

"What a story,” Richard stated, "so at this stage -correct me if I’m wrong- but you were in love with Brooklyn?"

"Yes that’s right"

"And you believed Pablo was out of the picture"

"Ha-ha yeah about that..."

******

"So..." I started "can I take you out for dinner tomorrow?... Just friends going to dinner" I added quickly,

"Lemme guess completely platonic?"

"You read my mind"

"I'll let you know"

"I’ll pick you up at 8" I said before placing a 20 dollar bill on the table. Leaving her no time to reply, I left.

"So you asked her out but you didn’t?" Mason asked confusingly,

"Yeah I guess I did or didn’t, what the hell does that even mean?"

"Look don’t ask me such complicated questions so early in the morning" he said shrugging.

"It’s impossible to have a comprehendible conversation with you when your hung-over".

"Gigi I need to talk to you in person, when are you coming to NY?" Brooklyn asked leaving her a voicemail that she'd hopefully hear "p.s I miss you soooooo much mwah"

Pablo had still been calling her, or attempting to call her. But now he'd now started leaving text messages, e-mails, voicemails, writing on her Facebook wall religiously, twittering her like an addict and he'd even tried mailing her.

Brooklyn did not want to speak to him... At least not now...

She was going outside to throw away her latest batch of unwanted and unopened mail from Pablo when she noticed the words: I'M SO SORRY written with rose petals across the huge front lawn of her Mansion.

Brooklyn wasn't fazed. She walked straight past threw the mail in the trash can and went back inside. She still hadn't moved the engagement ring off of the floor where she threw it at the door. There was even a dent in the door to show it.

She made a mental note to ask one of the maids to return it back to him; plus she was already moving on... Maybe with Dylan

Pablo obviously had other intentions.

"Where are you taking me so I know what to wear" Brooklyn had called me later that night after coffee at Starbucks.

"I can’t tell you that but... I'm gonna continue the trend of wearing a suit and tie, is that enough information?"

"Okay..." I thought I heard her mumble something about hair and nails but I chuckled and ignored it. "What are you laughing at? I had to double check"

"Ha-ha I know... My bad... So err... Whatchu wearing?"

"Goodnight Dylan Ryder" I could practically hear the smile in the tone she said that in. And she was most likely blushing too.

As cocky and conceded as Dylan Ryder was, Brooklyn found it easy to like him. He was charming, it came naturally to him. That much was undeniable.

I slept that night with the widest possible grin on my face.

Rule#1 – Never Fall in Love

So this was what being in-love felt like... if it was, I wasn't complaining.

************

“And just like that, I’d broken the cardinal rule...”

“Well hadn’t you already told Mason that you were in-love with her?” Richard Olsen asked.

“Somehow at this point I felt like I was admitting it to myself though... so it felt different...” Dylan trailed off.

“Well you heard it here first folks. We’ll go to a short break and be back with more soon. Don’t go anywhere I believe the story only gets better from here”

“Or does it?” Dylan laughed, the joy not reaching his eyes.

XxxGhostWritersxxX