Chapter [12]

Chapter 12

I got the call on Wednesday. She wasn't too pleased to be calling either,

"Hello Dylan?"

"Yup it’s me"

"Just calling to ask if you'd be available to come in on Friday?"

"Ahh yeah I have training in the morning but I should be free for the rest of the day".

"Okay well be at my father's studio by 1" with that she hung up.

I guess she was back to bitchy Brooklyn, I didn’t mind... It was still getting me somewhere.

"He's really getting to you isn't he?" Louise from the financial desk asked.

"You have no idea" Brooklyn stated.

"I think he's into you, I mean what guy in his right mind would set out to irritate Brooklyn St. Pierre?

"Well he knows I’m not available" Brooklyn stated simply

"Exactly why he's irritating you, he's gotten your attention right?"

Brooklyn realised that she'd made a point, but there was nothing she could do about it. She was sure that she was in love with Pablo.

___________________________________

After training, the coach called both Mason and I in to his office to talk.

"So I’ll cut straight to the point, you've both been selected to play in Chelsea FC against La Galaxy in 3 weeks". The coach informed us. "a scout has been watching you both train and I got the phone call yesterday.

"F#*k yeah!!!" Mason yelled hi-fiving me.

"Congratulations boys" coach said patting our backs as we left after he gave us the details. We would be flying to Britain on Friday night airfare hotels and equipment were already paid for so no expenses - not that I couldn't afford it regardless I was bloody stoked.

Could this Friday get any better for me? I was gonna see Brooklyn, and I was flying to the UK with my best mate. And we were loaded with money... Another plus would be the chicks. But I’m not too sure about that now...

Pablo had phoned Brooklyn during her lunch break.

"I’ve missed you" Pablo murmured huskily into the phone,

"I’ve missed you too...when am I gonna see you?"

"Three weeks Amor and I can’t wait".

"Oh really why is that?" Brooklyn asked teasingly.

"Well for one I miss my gorgeous girlfriend"

"Mmhhmm"

"I miss being in New York...all pun intended" he said making Brooklyn gasp and blush, "Would you like me to go on?"

"Umm... Yeah"

"And I have something to ask you..."

"Oh?"

"Yeah uhh hey I'll call you soon okay babe coz I gotta bounce"

"No worries bu-" Brooklyn began but was cut off when he hung up. What could he possibly have to ask me Brooklyn wondered? She dialled Gigi immediately, needing a second opinion. She'd arrived 5 minutes later.

"Maybe he wants to break up" Gigi muttered through a mouthful of the apple she was eating.

Glaring at her best friend a look of realisation crossed Gigi's face.

"Maybe he wants you to marry him"

"Oh my gosh" Brooklyn barely whispered covering her mouth in shock, "nuh that can't be it... He doesn’t want to get married in the prime of his career we've talked about it before". She stated, relieving herself of the stress she knew was imminent.

"Hmm... And I can't see you as a Mrs. Brooklyn Riviera either" they both laughed at this.

"There’s nothing wrong with his name"

"I never said there was anything wrong with it, I just can't picture it that’s all"

"Errgh! Mrs Brooklyn... I can't see it either". They both shuddered and laughed.

"The amount of chicks will be ridiculous" Mason was stating to me. We were packing our stuff already. We'd also started intense training to bulk up a little, just to make an impression. I suppose we'd made an impression already if they'd selected us.

We celebrated by hitting the club, "I don't think I wanna get wasted tonight... I want to savour every moment of this" Mason proudly stated once we were seated in VIP.

"Ha-ha same".

Brooklyn and Gigi decided to call their other model girlfriends and suggest they all go clubbing.

They went straight to the dance floor.

Brooklyn thought she saw a familiar arrogant prick, and he was walking towards her too.

"Funny we should meet here... Again" I said smirking.

"Hm so funny" Brooklyn stated dryly. Dylan's face turned stone serious before he said,

"You look beautiful, I had to come over and tell you" I stated honestly. And she did look beautiful. Her Blonde hair cascaded onto her shoulders and back in wavy locks and the purple figure accentuating asymmetrical mini dress, black fishnets and stiletto pumps she was wearing didn’t really help either.

"Oh... Umm... thank you" she said blushing slightly.

"Do you wanna dance?" I noticed the look in her eyes; she still remembered what happened the last time. "As friends, nothing more" I said holding my hands up in surrender.

"Okay" Brooklyn finally said after glancing over at Gigi who was dancing with Mason again.

XxxGhostWritersxxX