Chapter [22]

Chapter 22

"Funny how things turn out right?" Mason asked nudging my arm as we sat at the bench drinking shots of Hennessey.

"Funny? Nuh that wouldn't be how I’d put it". I said laughing dryly

"Oh?"

"I’m effin’ pissed off. I can't even call this dude a dickhead. He plays for an international team, he's not hideous and everyone loves him. Oh and I forgot he has the girl of my dreams. You know what f#*k this s#*t I’m leaving"

I made my way to the door but on my way I got stopped by an arm.

"Dylan leaving already? I have someone I want you to meet" Pablo said grinning like he'd won the damn lottery. "This is my girlfriend Brooklyn"

Clenching my Jaw I responded, "I’ve had the uhh... had the pleasure of already meeting her" I said looking straight at her.

Brooklyn smiled averting her gaze after noticing the fact the Pablo was looking between them suspiciously. He shrugged it off and began, "is that so? Tell me about it?”

She went on to tell him about her line and how he was modeling it, all the while Dylan watched her with sadness clear in his gaze. She noticed though how it changed to envy when he looked at Pablo.

"Yo River you owe me game of foosball" one of the players yelled out to him prompting him to get up and say

"You know I whoop you’re a*s every time" leaving Dylan and Brooklyn alone at the table.

"Why do you call him 'River?" I asked after an awkward silence.

"Abbreviated form of Riviera, I called him that once in front of the team and it just caught on I guess"

"Hm... So are you gonna tell him about us?"