Epilogue [Part 4]

"Oh my gosh I can't believe it's been three months already!" Gigi exclaimed.

"I know my hands are shaking" Brooklyn said thrusting out her trembling hands.

Dressed in a custom made Vera Wang wedding gown that clung to her body like a second skin, Gigi was adding the last white rose pin to her blonde locks that'd been expertly twisted into a bun.

"Since your mom isn't here to do this for you I thought I'd take it upon myself and perform the ritual" said a female voice from the door way.

Confused Brooklyn looked up, "Mrs Ryder"

"We're family now sweetheart; please call me Janelle or mom if you will"

Brooklyn smiled, "I'll give you two a moment"

Gigi said as she left the room.

"Got room for one more?" Chelsea said as she ducked in just before Gigi shut the door.

"So the ritual... Its not really a ritual. Tradition is probably the right word. My grandmother wore this anklet on her wedding day, my mom wore it for hers. I know you won't see it considering your dress but this can be your something old"

"Chelsea, you really didn't have to" Brooklyn smiled choking back tears.

"Shh" Janelle cooed, "your make up is going to run, I brought my lucky hair pin with me" she said revealing a golden hair pin. "This helped me avoid tumbling over in my heels on the aisle, this can be your something borrowed" she said as she slid the pin Brooklyn's hair.

"You're doing this in the wrong order mom" Chels scolded, "Anyways for something new we got you this" She said handing her a portfolio with a pair of keys on top.

"What's this?" Brooklyn asked opening it to find the signed deed to a new house. The waterworks started almost instantly as she stood and hugged the pair. Her new family.

"We got a room painted blue... So does that count as your something blue?" Janelle asked.

The three of them burst out in laughter just as the makeup artist rushed in to touch up her face.

She sat and waited for the music to start for the procession which had Gigi as a maid of honor, Chelsea and Carla as bridesmaids and Xander as a page boy.

Xander ran in to find Brooklyn where he handed her the rose bouquet.

"I'm so excited to have a big brother and another sister. I love you Lynie" he said as he kissed her cheek.

"I love you too Xandi, you ready to knock everyone's socks off?"

"Yep" he nodded as he walked out to begin walking down the aisle.

________________________

"How are you feeling?" Mason whispered behind me.

"I'm excited" I said, inside I was all nerves.

I had my dad and Mason as my best men. The whole of my soccer team (college and international) had come to the wedding and so had Brooklyn's long lost model friends.

Another surprise guest had turned up, well after we insisted there were no hard feelings, Pablo had arrived with Christian on his arm.

Shocking a number of the players present, they soon moved passed it and congratulated him for coming out.

But aside from that I couldn't believe I was getting married. To Brooklyn... The girl of my dreams. I mean who would have thought I'd be here... Now, in Paris?

Then the hairs on my skin stood on end as the pianist played the Canon in D in a slower tempo, the procession had begun.

Starting with Xander who held the rings on a cream cushion he beamed as he walked down in his tuxedo.

He was followed by Carla and Gigi who were dressed in pale pink gowns leaving rose petals in their wake from the baskets in their hands.

The pianist changed keys just as she stepped onto the rose covered white runway like aisle.

I saw her smile at me through her veil, God help me she was breathtaking.

The ceremony went by in a blur. I was lost in her eyes, until I had to read her my memorised vows.

"Brooklyn, heaven knows how much I love you, and how much we've been through to get here. Despite the tears and heartache we found our way to each other. I don't ever want to cause you hurt or pain, I want to wake up every morning next to you. I want to see your smile everyday, I want to hold you in my arms every day. I want to build my life with you, around you, for you"

I took hold of her hands.

"Brooklyn you are my everything, you complete me, you are my life... And I'm going to be cheesy and say I'm so happy you're going to be my wife" I concluded as she laughed along with the audience.

"Would you also like to share your vows as well?"

Nodding Brooklyn began, "Dylan, I'm not going to tell you what I would be without you because that's a thought I don't want to revisit, instead I'll tell you all the ways you make me better. From the second I laid eyes on you... No from the second you laid eyes on me, I saw in your eyes that you were genuine.

"You said that I complete you, but what you should have said was we complete each other, Dylan I was nothing without you. I stopped... I tried to stop loving you for so long it almost destroyed me, I can't. It's impossible. I don't want to stop loving you.

"I want to wake up every morning in your arms. I will smile everyday because you are in my life, I want our lives to revolve around each other. Dylan Ryder if I had to do everything all over again, if you asked me to marry you in another life or in any other life afterwards I would say yes a million times over. I love you, and I want to grow old telling, showing you how much".

In that moment, if it was possible, I fell in love with her all over again.

"I should have done this earlier", the celebrant began, "But if anyone sees reason why this pair should not be tied in wedlock, will you speak now or forever hold your peace"

"Stop" bellowed a very familiar French accented man.

"You've got to be kidding" I heard Brooklyn mutter as she turned towards the voice.

"Brooklyn I mean you no harm, I simply wish to make peace. I have wronged you in so many ways, we would be here forever if I listed them. I should have walked you down the aisle today, I shouldn't have had to be invited, I should have given you away. Dylan words cannot describe how sorry I am. I now understand how much you love my daughter. My wife would be ashamed of me, I am ashamed with myself. You have my full blessing, and I can assure you I will never interfere again"

Brooklyn hugged her father, sometimes words weren't necessary.

He turned his attention to me next as he shook my hand and placed it in Brooklyn's. "I give you my blessing" he repeated.

The rest of the ceremony went smoothly as we exchanged rings, kissed, signed whatever needed to be signed, moved off to take pictures. Met up with those invited at the reception on a luxury yacht.

When we finished the celebrations and headed towards the hotel we booked for the next week I felt slightly nervous.

It was our first night together as a married couple... a night I was not going to forget any time soon.