Journey

Since most of our provisions were gone from our enslavement to humans, we had to return to our old home less tense and worried that the humans will find us than before.

Caesar had quickly addressed me to the ape doctors despite my protests of him being taken cared of first.

Once they had finished bandaging me and left my temporary nest, Cornelius and Blue Eyes along with my two brothers barged in.

My little son clambered up to me and snuggled to my right in content.

I sighed and looked at them "how is everything?" Ryker grinned and hooted.

"Father and Caesar are handling the hunt and mother is handling the food stock. Once we are done, we can go"

I frowned "Caesar's not going to check himself up?" Livius shook his head in denial.

"He said he didn't need medical attention and that you must be our top priority"

Typical Caesar, always looking out for others than himself.

Sometimes I fear it would be the death of him.

Blue Eyes hooted as he traced the marks on my arms and I smiled at him once he flinched.

"Nothing to worry about Blue Eyes, what's past is past. You must look on to the future"

I signed like Maurice back there!

Blue Eyes smiled before my attention turned to Ryker.

"Ry, when are you going to tell Adeline about your interest in her?"

All eyes (with the exception of sleeping Cornelius) turned to Ryker who looked at me with wife eyes.

If his face wasn't so dark, it probably have gone darker than before.

"Kira how can you say that!?"

I gave a nonchalant shrug. He may think I might not notice but those fleeting glances, the obvious and ridiculous fights they have since childhood and the sheer protectiveness he had to her speaks something.

Blue Eyes raised a brow at his uncle and Ryker shook his head.

"Enough about my love life -"

"Ah, so you do admit you have slight interest in her"

"That's Not What I Meant!"

"Sure it wasn't"