one

~Taylor~

Another Friday night with no sex. Not only is it Friday, but it's my boyfriend and I's one year anniversary. And sex is still not happening. You would think that dating the most popular guy at school would have its benefits in this area, but it doesn't. Hopefully he'll surprise me tonight when we get home from our date and give me what I really want.

Hudson is the perfect, stereotypical popular guy. He's tall, dark, and handsome. He's the star of the school basketball team and is a straight-A student. He's pretty much guaranteed a scholarship to anywhere he wants. He's the guy every girl wants to have and every guy wants to be. But if girls found out they wouldn't get any action from him, they'd probably drop him right then.

I'm a stereotypical high school popular girl. I have long blonde hair that every girl is envious of, bright blue eyes, and tan skin. I have the perfect body and perfect complexion. It only makes sense that Hudson and I would be a couple. It's almost expected that the popular guy and the popular girl should be together. And we have been for a year.

Besides the fact that Hudson won't have sex with me, he's really the perfect boyfriend. He treats me like a princess, and I love it. I'm just sex deprived. I always thought Hudson would take my viriginity, but nope, I've still got my lovely v-card. And I desperately need it taken away. It's not that I just want to have sex just to have sex, but I want to know the feeling. I want to be a little rebellious.

I've seriously considered breaking up with him, but he's too sweet. I just don't know why he won't have sex with me. The solution I've turned to is finding someone who can be my friend with benefits. I've been scoping out all the guys in my classes, but so far there aren't many guys I would be willing to do it with. I just need to see them all shirtless.

When Hudson pulls into my driveway and turns his car off, we're both silent for a bit. Then Hudson gets out and comes and opens my door for me. He walks me up to my doorstep and goes to kiss me goodnight.

"Hudson," I whisper against his lips. "My parents aren't home." He sighs and I smile. I open my front door and pull Hudson inside. He follows me upstairs to my room and I shut the door behind us. I press my lips against Hudson's and unbutton his jeans. He, in turn, slips my shirt up over my head and tosses it on the floor. Maybe I'll be getting lucky tonight.

When we're down to our underwear, I pull Hudson over to my bed. His arms hold him up on both sides of my head, and he kisses my neck. Things get pretty heated, but I'm starting to get annoyed when Hudson makes no attempt to remove my brand new lacy lingerie I bought just for tonight. I decide to make the first move and I slip my fingers into the waistline of his boxers. He stiffens and stops kissing me.

"Taylor, stop," he says sternly, pulling his lips away from mine. My heart breaks when I realize that tonight will be no different than the end of any other makeout session.

"Why, Hudson? We've been together for a whole year and you still won't have sex with me. Why won't you do it? It's not like I have anyone to compare you to," I say, starting to get emotional. It's a mix between sadness, anger, and betrayal. I feel like he owes this to me.

"Taylor, we've gone over this. You should know better by now," he says, getting off the bed. This is when I get really mad.

"You know what? Just leave. I'm obviously not getting anything tonight, so just leave. And take whatever honor you're trying to uphold with you! I'll see you on Monday, Hudson," I say venomously, trying my best not to yell. I stand there in my underwear, fuming, until he gets dressed and leaves my room. I stay still until I hear the front door shut and his car drive away. When his headlights are out of sight, the tears start flowing.

Does he not love me enough to want to have sex with me? He's given me his reasons for not doing it, but I don't believe a single one of them. It doesn't seem like he even gets aroused at all when we're making out, which doesn't make any sense to me. Or maybe he's cheating on me. Those are the only two reasons I can think of. Or maybe he has a small dick, but if we're both inexperienced, what difference is that going to make?

I put on a big t-shirt and huddle under my bed sheets. I turn on my sad love songs station on Pandora and let the tears flow. Soon my pillow and shirt are soaked with my tears, but I'm at the point of crying where you can't pay attention to anything else. I cry and I cry, until I am fast asleep.

On Monday morning I drive to school and park in my spot. While I walk into the school, I'm apprehensive about seeing Hudson. We've gotten into little fights before, but I've never blown up that much. I feel awful about it, and I really want to apologize, but I'm afraid that Hudson will be stubborn about it. That's just how he is. He has quite an attitude sometimes.

When I see Hudson, he's surrounded by our usual morning hang-out group of friends- all the other popular kids that try so hard to reach our level. When Hudson sees me, there's a flicker of anger in his expression, but it goes away almost instantly, and no one else seems to notice it. He pushes through the group of people and make his way towards me. I brace myself for a lecture, so I'm really caught off guard when Hudson kisses me.

"I knew you wouldn't still be mad, so I didn't tell anyone we fought," he whispers when his lips leave mine. Typical Hudson. Making me the center of the problem. Maybe he should have told people, just so I could tell them why I kicked him out of my house on our one year anniversary...

The first part of the day goes by just like any other Monday. I go through my first four classes, then I spend lunch chatting with my typical blonde girl friends. Hudson has a different lunch hour, so I don't eat with him. During my fifth period poetry class is when things step a little outside of a normal school day.

Today our teacher assigns us a big partner project. And of course, we don't get to pick our partners. While Mrs. Shay is calling out names for partnerships, I at least hope that I'll get paired with a girl. I don't have anything against the guys in the class, but Hudson gets really possessive of me if he finds out I've been talking to other guys, no matter who they are or what they're like. Even if he knows I hate the guy, he still thinks I could get stolen from him.

"And Taylor, you will be working with Grayson for the next month," Mrs. Shay says, completing the list of pairs. Grayson? I don't even recognize the name. Is there even a Grayson in this class? My question is answered when someone comes and sits next to me at my table. It's the guy that sits in the back corner and never talks. I don't think I've ever heard his voice.

"Guess you're stuck with me," he says. Now I've heard his voice. It's surprisingly attractive. I don't really know what to say, so I decide to introduce myself.

"I'm Taylor," I say, holding my hand out for him to shake. He doesn't take the offer up.

"I know," Grayson snaps. Rude! I sure hope he isn't going be like this for the whole month we'll be doing this project. I'm about to scold his rudeness when Mrs. Shay speaks again.

"Alright class, now that you've got your partners, I'm going to explain the project a bit more. A lot of this is going to have to be done at home because we can't spend a whole month in class on one project, so get over any awkwardness between you now. You guys will be putting together a poetry portfolio about any subject you want. All poems must have input from both of you. No dividing and conquering. I have a packet of all the requirements for you. I expect you to go above and beyond. Impress me." She takes a huge stack of packets off her desk and starts passing them out.

This is going to be a long month.

__________________________________

Hey guys! So the basis of this story is coming from a creative writing assignment we're doing in my American Literature class right now. So this is 100% original, I promise.

Vote and comment!