“I guess,” She shrugged her shoulders and I felt like she had just stabbed me in the chest, and not just the once.
If you want her you’re going to have to speak up or let her go.
I hated it when my wolf made sense. I had two choices: Tell Kristin how I felt which could end in horror and with her being injured or killed, or I could walk away and hate myself until the day I died.
“Are you happy with him?” I asked and watched as many emotions washed over Kristin’s face.
“Part of me is but part of me is longing for well for you duh,” Kristin rolled her eyes and I could see the confliction on her face.
“What do you want from me? To hold your hand in public?”
“I just want you to stop pushing me away and to tell me it’s not just me feeling something between us. It’s now or never Derek. If you like me just say it otherwise I’m done with you and I mean it.”
My mouth became dry at her request and I suddenly lost my voice. She made it sound easy when it was the complete opposite.
Well it’s not rocket science. My inner wolf mocked me.
“Come on Derek just say it. It doesn’t make you any less of a man. I need to know what we are and what this is. I’ve never felt this confused before.”
“You don’t understand.”
I’m a friggin werewolf I could hurt you. I could shred and rip you into pieces and kill you. I couldn’t live with myself if I hurt you but I can’t live without you either. I don’t know what to do! I kept the thought silent knowing Kristin would think I was toying with her and being a jerk.
“Make me understand,” Her big blue eyes pleaded.
My heart started racing as the thought formed in my mind. Was I really going to say it? Could I say it?
I had no other choice.
“I . . . I don’t want you to date Cory.”
“Why?”
“Are you really going to make me say it?” I practically grumbled.
I don’t want you to date Cory because I want to be with you. I ran the thought through my head first to make sure it made sense and didn’t sound too cheesy.
Grose dude you’re making me want to vomit. My inner wolf protested but I ignored him as usual.
“It’s either that or I walk away,” Kristin replied taking a step towards me and I did the same before pulling her closer toward me. My heart was racing and I felt a lump rising in my throat.
I was going to be selfish, and risk Kristin’s life but I felt like I didn’t have another option. I couldn’t let Kristin be with Cory. I wasn’t going to screw up again like I did with Paige.
Just keep it in your pants and you won’t shift and kill her of course there’s no fun in that. My inner wolf teased.
If only it was that easy.
“I want you Kristin,” I spoke softly before I pressed my lips against hers. I didn’t care that we were at school or that people could see us. I couldn’t take the chance and lose her to Cory. As long as we took things slow I was confident I could control myself around her. It was just going to take time, patience and a lot of practice.
Kristin leaned into me and my arms wrapped around her as our lips moved together. A very small part of me felt bad for Cory considering he had thought Kristin was his just a few minutes ago but most of me didn’t care. It was either him or me and I was glad she chose me.
Kristin pulled away and sighed in frustration before she rested her head against my shoulder, “I’m such a bitch.”
“No you’re not,” I kept my arms wrapped around her. Suddenly I didn’t care about my reputation, all I cared about was Kristin.
“Yes I am. What am I meant to say to Cory? He doesn’t deserve this,” She wrapped her arms around me and buried her face into my chest.
“He’ll be fine eventually,” I tried to reassure her although I was distracted when I heard them.
There was a crowd staring at us and Cory was at the very front and he looked super pissed. I had been so focused on Kristin I didn’t even hear them coming and I wondered how long they had been there for.
Kristin followed my gaze and pulled away from me instantly as Cory regained his composure, and continued to walk toward us.
“Cory please don’t do anything stupid,” Kristin begged as he reached us. I wasn’t going to walk away, if he wanted a fight than I was going to give him one.
“Fight, fight, fight!” The crowd started to chant as Cory got right in my face with his clenched fists hanging by his side.
“Cory please I’m sorry,” Kristin apologised but his eyes never left mine as his nostril flared.
“Alright break it up,” The science teacher Mr Rifle stepped in between Cory and Derek. He was in his late forties and had a receding hair line. He was known for his ugly ties and his creepy thin moustache.
The crowd all groaned in disappointment as Mr Rifle steered Cory in the other direction and I had to hide the disappointment from my face. I knew it wouldn’t help the situation. The guilt was practically burning in Kristin’s eyes.
“This isn’t over,” Cory yelled over Mr Rifles' shoulder and most of the students followed behind apart from Dee, Cassie and Trevor who were looking at Kristin full of hurt, anger, betrayal and disappointment.
“I didn’t mean for this to happen,” She told them before she gave me a small apologetic smile and headed off to her car.
“Well I hope you are happy with yourself,” Dee gave me a dirty look before they walked away after Cory.
I wanted to follow Kristin to see if she was okay but I decided to give her some space, besides she would show up at our spot when she was ready to talk, and I would be there to comfort her.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX