Chapter 16: Martin!?

Start from the beginning

i speaked my head into the doorway nervously, i saw mom crying hugging Martin, he was smiling hugging her with one hand while the other was on a cast. i still couldnt believe he was actually my uncle, no wonder he cared so much...but im still confused. I looked at his eyes and noticed that they weren't brown anymore...but silver-blue like mom and i, was he wearing contacts all these years?i walked in shyly, the two noticed me "come here sweetie" mom smiled with rosy cheeks. i walked towards the end of the bed, martin smiled at me "hey" he said "hey..." i smiled back. "im sure i have some explaining to do huh?" he laughed softly "sure right you do!" mom slapped the bed "where did you go??" he sighed "let me explain from the beginning"

"after graduation, i was walking around the city and heard a gang in a alley talk about kidnap and all that shit, they've always talked about this plan but was never successful. anyways i walked up to them and asked them if i could join, i had to say it desperately so they would believe me. they agreed and i was a member ever since. i hardly ever go to the base because i was in police school. after all that school, i was promoted top police. i was in charge of many things. and so i told them about the gang, but then said to keep it down so i can find the right moment to grab them all. 12 years was a surprisingly long wait. the leader, Nicolas had kidnapped a child, a 2 year old with the name of flora, so it said on her bracelet, she looked so much like Serena...so much, with a pinch of Morgan, i knew you two will eventually get married. so i couldn't help but want to take care of her... she was a angel, i knew about her condition because i have been keeping eye on Serena through the police computers on what she do in life. i went up to the doctors and asked for her medicine so that if i ever needed it, i could use it...sigh... i didn't return her to you Serena because i would get caught, i one day hoped that flora would run away on her own...she did and i hoped she had a good life, but she couldn't because the gang was after her. i told her to protect herself and dont get too close to anyone. i took her to school for marital arts, and that's what he gang wanted, a good fighter... I'm sorry for all the lying" he looked down.

i cried and gently hugged him, he did all this for me... he was the only one that cared and now i understood why... he kept me away from danger and protected me. "thankyou..." i cried. he chuckled hugging me back. i felt mom hug my back. im glad that Martin was okay after all...but im afraid what Ben would think of me after all that lying...please dont hate me...

*

Benjamin's p.o.v

Someone was poking on my cheek, "go away..." I groaned. the poking continued "knock it off!" i sat up seeing the last people i would ever see sitting next to me in indian style "Anthony?" my jaw dropped, wasn't he dead? i must be dreaming, explains the fogy area I'm in...unless I'm dead! Anthony laughed amused "yes your dead"."what?!"."I'm kidding! damn... take a chill pill!" He laughed harder. what a goofy ball, i hate how he always teased me like this. "where am i?" i asked. "where do you think you are?" he raised his brow "seriously? i haven't seen you in two years and your going to be a smart ass?" i hissed. "kidding, your dreaming, I'm just here to tell you that i'm proud of you, and so is dad. it hurt us seeing the way you use to be. thanks to Flora, you opened up a better person, just like you opened up her personality" he smiled "i doubt it...she lied to me about who she was"."to protect you you dumbass!" he hissed "she lied just to protect you! she never thought about herself, you are one lucky guy to have her" a smile appeared on my face "i guess i am lucky...even if she did lie, i did see a side of her that others didn't get to see first. she makes me happy" i smiled. "i knew it" he smiled standing up, i followed behind "now hug me brother!" he yelled laughing spreading out his arms. he founded like josh from 'drake and josh' a show i use to watch with him "no" i laughed "I'm still dreaming but my shoulder still hurt"."you suck" he stuck his tongue out. he's 4 years older and still acts like a child "i think a dead guy can do what he want" he pouted.

I woke up looking at a doctor looking at a heart monitor. he looked at me surprise "you're finally awake" he smiled "how long was i out?" i asked "three days" three days?? "you took a deeper shot then the other man did, we had get some blood from you from one of your friends to keep you alive"." what friend?" he looked behind him seeing Flora asleep on a couch hugging herself. she looked so adorable...i missed her so much. "she wouldn't leave even if we asked her too, she refused every time" he admit chuckling "you have one special young lady right there" he smiled walking away. i certainly do. i watched her shoulders rise and fall from her slight breathing. I looked at my shoulder, there was wrapped bandages around by my neck and arm. it hurt too much to move, even my neck.

I saw Flora sat up stretching, i pretended to be asleep. i felt her hand feel on my cheek. "I know i said it before everyday, but i'll say it again, I'm sorry for what i've done... i just didn't want you to get hurt like Anthony. i let your dad and brother die... and you might hate me right now but please... please don't die on me... i cant bare to be the reason for someones death again..." she cried holding my hand. i squeezed it gently. she shot her head up in surprise. "Benjamin!" she gasped. "hey there Flower" i grinned "hows my sexy lady doing today?" she rolled her eyes at my joke "why do you have to be so cocky?" she laughed whipping away her tears. "only for you mi princessa" i smiled. she kissed my nose "and i don't hate you... just upset that i didn't know the whole truth" i admit. she frowned "i know...I'm sorry, but i couldn't let anyone get hurt because of me" she frowned "growing up in a gang is something you don't want to tell people" she crossed her arms rolling her eyes. i chuckled "hows your sides?" i asked. she lifted up her shirt halfway to show me bandages on them then put her shirt down. "still kinda hurts" she admit smiling. I slowly sat up

"No! you can't get up yet! your hurt!" she panicked, but I didn't care. I lifted her shirt and kissed her bandages. I looked at her and saw her blush

"I love you Flora" i smiled, her eyes widened and started to cry again, she cupped her mouth and hugged me, i ignored the pain

"I love you too... thank you not giving up on me" she cried, i chuckled and kissed her lips

"Anything for you mi princessa" after i was somewhat better, i was allowed to leave the hospital, all our friends through me a surprise party and everything! it was amazing

Flora looked happier, she laughed, she jumped, she played, and danced happily, i loved seeing her behave this way... this was the life she deserved, and i plan on keeping it that way...