chapter Nine

Reaper opened his mouth to speak but he was interrupted by a new voice. "Death?!" The female voice called out to them.

Geno looked over curiously, and Reaper looked nervous. A goat lady, wearing a stunning green dress looked between the two in shock.

"Life! How you doing?" Reaper greeted, sweating nervously. She didn't really like him... It would be a lie to say he had not taken joy in destroying her whole garden more than once...

"Life? So this is your opposite?" Geno asked, finding a spot beside Reaper. However, not to close that they might accidentally bump.

It saddened him that he couldn't touch him. He wished to hold Geno, but... He trailed his off his thoughts and sighed. "Yes, she is..."

"Why are you here?! And whose this?!" Life asked, looking rather upset. Reaper chuckled slightly.

"This is Geno... My boyfriend," Reaper answered, noticing Grno blush upon being called 'boyfriend". Life looked over at him with surprise.

"Boyfriend? You mean you actually have a relationship?" Life questioned, looking back at Reaper. "He is the first person I have fallen in love with, so yeah."

"H-hello, um, nice to meet you," Gemo chuckled, greeting Life and blushing slightly. "Nice to meet you too... Now... Why are you here?"

"I've made a mistake. I'm not allowed to love anyone... But as you see, I do. I love someone more than anything," Reaper started to explain. "I got into a fight with someone about it... And I killed them."

He saw Geno look at him with wide eyes. "You actually killed someone over me...?" He whispered, unsure if he should be flattered or absolutely guilty.

"I over reacted, but I just... I couldn't lose him..." Reaper finished, sadness and anger all mixed up inside him. Life had been listening with interest.

"I see... You hope to seek refuge here?" She asked, Geno getting distracted by a butterfly. Reaper watched him with amusement.

"Please Life, I really need help..." Reaper asked of her, she too watching Geno move towards the flowers where a butterfly was.

"Alright. For now! I have a room in my house, you too can share it," She told him, Geno turning back after a moment.

"There were so many butterflies just a moment ago..." He muttered, noticing their absence. Reaper looked away, somewhat mad with himself.

"It's me. They sensed I was near. Most things tend to flee upon sensing death," Reaper admitted, hating the fact that he causing the wildlife to move away.

"Well, I'm attracted to you. So Im here with you," Geno pointed out, a small smile on his face. "You can't touch each other..." Life finally realized.

"This will be an interesting relationship. One without touch seems strange, but Im sure you will figure it out," She told them, Geno looking towards Reaper lovingly.

"Well... Anyway. Let me lead you too to your room!" She exclaimed, face lighting up in a smile and turning to walk down a path.

Geno followed after her, looking around at all the beauty. Reaper moved to follow after him. Upon doing so he stepped on some grass.

Guilt filled him as he saw the grass, and all those near hia foot turn dark and wither.

He pusbed it aside and continued after Geno and Life.