Chapter Five

When Reaper got back home, he instantly wished to return to Geno. He had been a blushing mess today... Not that he was complaining.

Reaper sighed and grabbed his scythe. He had work to do, and thinking about Geno wouldn't help his day go by any faster.

He moved to go outside, but he was greeted by two other reapers. Finish being one of them. Reaper faked a smile for them.

"Uh, hey, what's going on?" Reaper asked, knowing he was probably in trouble. Seemed reasonable to him...

"You never did your job," Finish growled, causing a sinking feeling in his heart. "Death, do your job and kill that boy... Before the sun sets tomorrow."

Reaper wanted to argue for Genos safety, but he didnt move or say anything. That would only make this whole thing worse.

"We can't have you becoming so soft over some random boy," The other pointed out. Reaper narrowed his eyes at him.

"By tomorrow night, Death... You can't do this forever," Finish hissed, looking down on him. Reaper nodded his head, despite not wanting to.

"Good..." Finish and the other reaper walked off. They had been serious about what they said, leaving Reaper without a choice.

His heart stung from the realisation of his job and how he had objected to doing it. Just because he didn't want to kill Geno.

He could feel guilt and fear building up inside him. He thought of the way Geno was watching him, and how happy he had been.

Could he even manage to destroy that? Other then his brother, this was the only thing he has cared about... It didn't make sense.

He had learned to push away all sorts of guilt that came from killing people. He's killed mother's, brother's, children... But why not Geno?

He shook his head. He had to go to work, no use thinking of this right now...

******

Geno was sitting in the void, smiling to himself as he read the book Reaper had given him. It was beautiful.

He loved the way the paper felt and the book smelt nice. He had forgotten what it was like to feel, smell, or even see.

As he read through the poems he found himself thinking of Reaper. Of his voice sounded so smooth as he read, how he was smiling and his eyes were so focused.

Geno found himself blushing again. For crying out loud, control the emotions. He didn't exactly want to love anyone. Not after everyone he loved, died.

He pushed that aside upon realizing death Itself couldn't die, and from the way things were going, he was in a permanent state of 'about to die'.

As long as Reaper liked him, he wouldn't reap him... Reaper was surprisingly kind and trusting. Hopefully that trust remains.

He sighed to himself. He was being ridiculous... Letting emotions get the best of him. He was seriously dancing with death.

Even if the dance felt nice, it was still dangerous. They cant even touch each other... Or else Geno would find himself dead.

He could recall the way Reaper made sure he was a good distance apart from Geno, so they wouldn't accidently touch.

At least Reaper proved he cares enough to do that. Reaper seemed to as actually care about what Geno told him about.

He had explained bits and pieces of his life, and Reaper listened everytime he did mention his past.

He paused upon realizing he had gotten so caught up in thought he completely lost his place in the book.

"Oh... Darn it..." He muttered to himself. He found where he had gotten distracted and began to read again, enjoying the images the book made him picture.

He was just happy, for once he had actually been happy, and he still is. This was going so well...

Please let this last.