Chapter Two

Once again, Geno was left on his own. But this time as he sat, staring at the blankness of the void, he felt a spark of joy rise within him. Something he had never felt before in the void. Then he realized.

This is not game over. This was just the beginning. Reaper had made him smile. A feeling of hope that Geno had not felt in the many years he had been stuck in the void.

As Reaper walked away and out of the dimension, he guiltily thought of how much trouble he would be in. After all, he was supposed to end Geno's life.

Something about Geno made Reaper feel at home and not alone. The smile he had flashed at Reaper opened so many new doors. The sinking feeling of anxiety still tingling through his bones, Reaper nervously stepped into his own dimension, out of the void.

"Hello." Reaper said, acting confident as if he had killed Geno. "You were in that dimension awfully long, eh, Reaper." Another one of Reapers kind chucked. "Must have put up a real fight."

Reaper awkwardly laughed, trying to hide the fact that he hadn't completed his job. "Yeah! Hah! Little freak ran around for... uhh... a long time." Reaper said, clenching his teeth.

Reaper couldn't stop thinking of Geno's smile. The happiness of someone so alone... so alone that they would befriend literal death.

******

Geno wondered, pacing back and forth. "He left so soon! What if he never comes back?" His pacing got quicker and quicker as he thought

"No! He promised, he'll definitely come back for me." He stood for a few minutes, his hand over his mouth. "But some people don't keep their promises!!" He gasped, sitting down.

"He's the only visitor I've had in so long... And I miss him already." Geno's confused look faded into sadness.
"He can't just leave me here."

Thank you so much to my fabulous friend Julia for letting me help write this story. Love, Asher.