Chapter Seven

As Reaper was pulled back he heard Geno yell out his name. He yelled out Genos in return, panic rising up inside him.

He was in trouble... Big trouble... He has never even heard about a reaper loving a mortal before, yet here he was, completely in love with someone...

As he reached his home world again, he felt himself get pushed to the side. He turned to see Finish and a few others. Finish looked beyond mad at this point.

"Leave us... I need to have a talk with him..." Finish growled, glaring at Reaper. He stood his ground, glaring back despite his fear.

As the others disappeared, Finish sighed. "Death, are you a fool?" He asked, crossing his arms and shaking his head.

Reaper didn't reply, not for a small while anyway. He was still glaring and growling under his breath. "I'm not a fool, I'm just in love," He answered.

"Being in love is foolish! You are a reaper! You can't have emotions like that!" Finish snapped back, looking pissed off.

"I don't care if I'm not supposed too, I do anyway!" Reaper snarled, tightening his grip on the scythe. Finish didn't notice and continued to talk.

"And now, since you are dysfunctional about this, I will kill that pathetic skeleton myself!" Finish snapped back, turning away.

"You wouldn't dare..." Reaper growled, his gaze dark and angry. Finish paused his walking. "Oh, but you can't stop me... I will kill him, and then you if this ever happens again..."

With both his and Genos life on the line, what else could he have done but attack Finish? He didn't mean to be so violent.

He jumped towards Finish with a yell. He turned his head, eyes wide. Right when he did that, Reaper's blade struck Finish in the shoulder.

He let out a loud yell and stumbled back, looking shocked and terrified. Reaper was almost just as surprised with his own attack.

Reaper didn't stop through. With every thought of Geno being attacked, Reaper would attack Finish. When the thoughts and anger subsided, he found himself in a bad scene.

He looked down to see Finishes bloody cloak, covered in rips. His eyes widened when he realized what it is he had done.

Reaper had killed him... Without even thinking about it. He just wanted Geno safe. No... This was bad... Really bad...

He quickly ran away, back to Genos world. He yelped when he almost ran into Geno, but luckily he didn't touch him.

Geno jumped back in shock, and seeing Reapers bloody scythe causing him he shake. N-no! Dont worry! I won't hurt you!" Reaper quickly told him.

Geno sighed and his shaking stopped a little. "I thought you were another reaper for a second, but your not... You are still my reaper," Geno smiled back.

"As adorable as that was... We need to escape this place..." Reaper told him, wishing he could just reach out and hold onto Genos hand.

"W-where can we go? There's nothing here!" Geno told him, still looking afraid. Reaper stressed for a moment, also unsure.

"Wait... I can bring you through a portal, we can live in another world!" Reaper told him, Genos eyes widening.

"You mean... I can escape...? You can bring me somewhere?" Geno asked, his eyes seeming to almost start watering at the idea of leaving.

"Yes... We can go somewhere no reapers go... Youve been face to face with Death, fallen in love with it even, but how will you react to being face to face with Life?" Reaper asked, opening a portal.

Geno looked through it, his eyes widening at the sight. It was a beautiful lush garden, a few butterflies flying around.

"Go on Geno, we need to get away," Reaper pointed out, about ready to push Geno through the portal with the end of his scythe.

Geno walked through, a shiver running down his spine. Reaper smiled at the sight of Geno happy. He purred and followed Geno through, closing the portal behind him.

He feared touching any of the plants, for Geno looked happy to see them. He walked down the path behind Geno, his eyes unable to leave him.

Off to find life...