He likes me too? Pt. one

Sooo... I have a problem. I have a bit of an obsession with stephew right now. To challenge this I have challenged myself to write a oneshot book. Most of these will be AU's since I enjoy a good fantasy but this first one is a high school AU. In which Stephanie and Matt are basically themselves but younger and a bit more polite, Including some other familiar faces as well. Enjoy~

"Stephanie!" I looked up surprised. Marzia was waving her hand in front of my face. I pushed her hand out of my face.

"Whatcha looking at?" Amy asked I looked at her blushing. "Ooh, who is it?" I shook my head.

"Nobody...." I whispered. The moment I said this my friends stood up and scanned the cafeteria. Sometimes I couldn't believe them, but it was kind of funny.

"I bet it's Matthew," Tiffany stated. The other's nodded, and I felt my cheeks grow warm. How did they now? Was it that obvious? "I knew it." She said nodding her head one last time like she was trying to finalize it.

"As If, he's gay. I mean look at him!" I said, even though my heart was disagreeing with what I was saying. As I pointed across at him, my heart started to creep up into my throat. Was he looking at me! Get it together cordy!

"Hardly, he totally likes you," Amy said. "Trust me, after the fiasco with Mark I can tell." Knowing that even speaking his name hurt her, it made me feel a bit better. But still! I totally didn't like Matthew Patrick. Wait is he... coming over here. "Looks who's coming," Amy muttered under her breath. I felt my heart start to beat at an unprecedented rate. Or did I like him?

"H-hi steph how are you?" Matthew said smiling. His brown eyes stared into mine, they had a sort of shine in them. Feeling a little lost for words I scrambled for something to say back. Then I remember the chemistry project we had been working on. This was the perfect excuse to be alone with him!

"Uh, Hi Matthew I'm g-good. Do you wanna work on our chem project after school?" I asked. I was painfully aware of my friends staring at us. Matthew looked at them then at me. He scratched the back of his neck.

"I think I can drama club doesn't meet today. Where do you um want to meet?" He said. His cheeks were strangely pink and he was staring at the floor. D-did he likes me too?

"How 'bout that cute coffee shop on main street? They have really good scones." Oh shit. Did that sound like a date? Was I that stupid? Matthew considered this then nodded to my relief.

"Four o'clock is the best time for me if that works for you. And scones sound really good." He added helpfully, looking at me with those gorgeous eyes of his.

"That sounds perfect! I mean good... or whatever." He looked at me for a second a bit confused then smiled. I squirmed a little. This was exactly why I didn't have a boyfriend. "Do you want to hear a joke?" I knew Matthew was a fan of punny jokes and when I heard this one I couldn't wait for him to hear it.

"I'd love to Shorty Cordy." He said jokingly. My heart felt like it was gonna melt. I even ignored the use of my nickname. Okay here goes.

"Well, I'd tell you a chemistry joke but I know I wouldn't get a reaction!" Matthew looked at me for a second and then exploded with laughter.

"That's. Really funny!" He said smiling. "Okay, I have one." I nodded excited, this is exactly why we were friends. We have a deep appreciation for puns. "People might think I'm a bit of a square, but that just means I'm exactly right on every angle." This time I couldn't help myself. I started laughing then we both joined. And of course, just then the bell rang. "So, I'll see you at four?"

"Of course. I can't wait!" We smiled at each other and there was a brief slightly uncomfortable moment, but we waved bye. Amy and Tiffany were rolling their eyes but Marzia was simply ecstatic about it.

"You two are so cute! Your like, soul mates!" She said jumping up and down.

"Quiet, you'll blow my cover," I said through my teeth. The last thing I needed was for the popular kids to find out not like I have a reputation, to begin with.

"Whatever, we have to get going to Calc or Mr. Dev will get our heads," Amy added with all seriousness. We all agreed and half ran to class. But my thoughts were not on the maximum area of a rectangle but on Matthew Patrick and the fact I was (sort-of) going on a date with him!

Cute right? That's what I thought. There will be at least one other part, which I'll post soon. In it, our two lovebirds will visit the coffee shop experience the beginning of a love story and maybe figure out what happened with Mark. Be sure to stay tuned! ~Esther