Chapter 15 |-| "You care about him, that's all that matters,"

Liam

"Hey there stranger," I greet as I enter Scott's house and see him hugging his mum.
"Liam," he greets back, a big smile on his face, pulling me into a tight hug as Melissa walks out of the house to go to work.
"I missed you so much," he says "I missed you too," I inform, letting go of him.
"Scott, this is Luke," I introduce, motioning to Luke who's standing awkwardly at the door.
"Come in," Scott calls and Luke does as told "Nice to meet you," Scott says, shaking hands with Luke "You too," Luke says "I heard a lot about you," he adds and Scott shoots me a quick look.
"He knows," I smile "Everything," I add and Scott pats Luke's shoulder, before motioning us to sit on the couch.
Luke and I sit on the Loveseat while Scott takes the armchair.
"Where are Lydia and Stiles?" I ask, taking a look around "They went to say 'hi' to their parents," Scott responds "They'll be here later though," he informs and I smile.

"So," Scott starts after a while of silence "What's been going on around here?" he asks and I shoot Luke a look and he gives me a reassuring nod, before I turn my gaze back to Scott.
"A lot," I respond, trying to keep my heartbeat steady and Scott leans back on the chair, listening.
"People died," I say "Humans and Supernatural creatures," I inform and leans forward, resting his elbows on his lap.
"We have no idea what's going on around here," I inform "It's coming from everywhere," I add and I can feel Luke's hand on my back. I turn to look at him, he gives me a look that says 'Can I say something' and I nod my head.
"There's also been about three people who either escaped from their graves or were taken out by someone and brought back to life," Luke says "But we think they left on their own," he informs and Scott doesn't seem too fazed about it.
"Tara is one of them," I say and Scott raises an eyebrow "Tara Raeken?" he asks and both Luke and I nod our heads "Does Theo know about it?" he asks "Where is he anyway?" he adds and I share a look with Luke and he gives me another reassuring look, a glimmer of sadness in his eyes.
"Dying," I respond looking back at Scott and I can't stop the skip of my heart or the sad look in my face at the thought of Theo dying.
Scott takes notice of it and stands up, pulling me into a hug.
"What do you mean, he's dying?" Scott questions, rubbing circles on my back "I don't know how, but he was poisoned with mercury and Melissa can't help him," I respond and Scott pulls away to look at me. "She tried everything, but it's not working," I inform, Scott runs his thumb on my cheek and that's when I realize that I'm crying.
"I think I know how to help him," Scott says and I look at him excitedly, rubbing my eyes. "But it could also kill him," Scott informs with a sympathetic look. "What is it?" I ask "The bite," he responds "He'll heal a lot better if he's a real werewolf," he informs "You would do that for him?" I ask, a smile forming in my face and Scott shakes his head, my smile fading "I'll do it for you," he says a smile on his face.
"I can see that you care for him," Scott says "You guys kinda bonded these past few months," he informs. "I know you guys are kind of friends and that you would be devastated to lose him," Scott explains "So I'll give him the bite," he adds and I thank him.

"How is he?" I ask as Scott and I enter the hospital.
Luke had to go back home to check on Matt because he was making a fuss over something.
Melissa looks up at us and shoots me a sad look "He's not looking good," she informs and I feel my heart sink. "Can we go see him?" Scott asks and Melissa nods her head, before she hears someone call her.
"Liam, you know where he is," she informs saying that she has to go back to work and I nod my head, before heading towards the elevator.
Scott is right behind me, his hand on my shoulder as we enter the elevator.
My heart starts hammering in my chest as I press the button and the elevator doors close.

Once the doors open, Scott is the first one to step out of the elevator and I just stay there.
He turns around to shoot me a look "Are you coming?" he asks and I take a deep breath before exiting the elevator myself.
"He's in here," I say pointing at a door, before opening it and entering the room.
"Liam, hey," Theo says weakly, his face lighting up and I smile at him.
It's a sad smile, but it's still a smile.
"Scott?" he questions, a small frown forming in his face.
"Hey," Scott responds and I can see how shocked he is at Theo's sight.
Theo is a lot thinner, his cheekbones are starting to appear, his face is even paler than before and his mouth is completely silver now.
"What are you doing here?" he questions, looking directly at Scott who just stepped to my side.
"I came to help," Scott responds and Theo shoots him a sceptical look "How are you gonna do that?" he ask as I sit down next to him, my hand on his wrist to keep him from getting angry.
"I'm going to give you the bite," Scott answers and I feel Theo tense under my grip. "You know that can kill me right?" he exclaims and I slide my hand to his, intertwining out our fingers and squeezing his hand softly.
Scott looks at our hands before looking back at Theo "It could also save your life," he informs and Theo looks at me.
I just nod my head telling him that it's okay.
"Fine," Theo sighs, looking at Scott, before letting go of my hand and lifting his arm.
Scott grabs Theo's arm carefully as he shifts, leaning over a little and aligning Theo's arm with his fangs, before taking a bite. A scream escaping Theo's lips.

"Thanks," I say as Scott and I leave the room and he turns to look at me "Don't thank me yet," he says "We don't know if it worked," he informs and he's right.
We don't know and we won't know until Theo either wakes up or...dies.
"At least we tried," I say and he nods his head "I just hope it wasn't a bad decision," I add looking down a little. Scott lays his hand on my shoulder and lifts my head up, so i'm looking at him.
"You care about him, that's all that matters," he says with a small smile. "And you tried your best to save him," he adds, pulling me into a hug. "You should go back to him" he informs "It could help," he adds before letting me go and I nod my head.
He says his goodbyes before making his way back to the elevator and I take a deep breath before re-entering the room and sitting down on the chair beside Theo.

He's still passed out and still breathing, thank god.
I really hope it worked, because like Scott said earlier, I'd be devastated if I were to lose Theo.
I don't know why though.
I shouldn't have these feelings for him, but I do and it's really confusing.
I really like him, I also really care about him and I'm pretty sure he cares about me, considering how many times he saved my ass.
He's also very affectionate and protective, especially when it comes to me, and that says a lot, because this is Theo I'm talking about.
The boy who killed his sister when he was ten years old.
Like I said a million times before, he's a completely different person now.
I'm hoping he didn't fight such a long time for nothing, because if he dies now, all his life will be wasted, everything he would be able to do if he somehow stayed alive.
All the good things, he could do, it would never come to pass and I don't want that.
I want him to have the chance to prove to everyone, every single person who ever hated him or who he manipulated, that he can change and that he can do good things.

I lean in, pressing a kiss to his cheek, before leaning back on the chair and closing my eyes, my hand squeezing his lightly, before I start to doze off.

A squeeze on my hand wakes me up and I rub my eyes, before looking in front of me to see a smiling Theo. I prop myself up in surprise "Theo," I say standing up and he just smiles "It worked," he informs, letting go of my hand to show me his arm.
The bite Mark healed.
He's still pale and his mouth is still silver-ish but it's not as bad as it was earlier or rather last night.
He props himself up on his elbows and lifts his shirt up to reveal that the dark lines are gone.
"It worked," he repeats looking at me and next thing I know, my lips are pressed to his.
His breath hitches in surprise and I pull away immediately, realizing what I've done and that I shouldn't have done it.
"Oh.My.God... I'm so sorry," I stutter and as I'm about to walk away, he grabs my wrist.
I close my eyes afraid that he'll hurt me, instead he grabs my collar, pulling me in and pressing his lips to mine.
I'm surprised at first, before I start kissing him back, with a feeling I never felt before running through my body.
A feeling I never even had with Hayden.

We pull away to take a breath and he rests his forehead against mine with his eyes closed and a smile on his face.
I close my eyes and smile as well, before sitting on the bed next to him and pulling him into a tight hug, my face in the crook of his neck, taking in his scent.