Chapter 3|-|Chimera

Liam

It's been a few days since we found Chelsea dead in the woods.
I talked to my parents and they agreed to let Luke and Matt stay here for a while.
Matt refuses to talk to his brother because of what happened and just like Luke he hasn't spoken a word since they got here.
Not one single word.
I get it.
They're still pretty shaken up about what's been happening to them ever since they left San Francisco.
For Matt this must be even more scarring than for Luke, because he's only six years old and he had to witness his family being killed.
I'm not really sure if Matt saw it, but I'm pretty sure Luke did, or else he wouldn't have been able to get Chelsea and his brother out of there.

"Why Bacon Hills?" I ask as I rest my arms under my head, hoping that Luke will at least respond this one question.
"Why did you choose Beacon Hills?" I ask again, trying to clarify things.
"I was looking for Scott McCall," he responds, his first words since he came here and I turn my head to look down at him on his spot on a mattress lying on floor.
"But I found you instead," he says, his eyes fixated upon the ceiling.
"Liam Dunbar, the beta... his beta," he adds, shooting me a quick look before turning his gaze back to the ceiling.
"How did you know about Scott or about me for that matter," I ask looking at him in surprise.
"Scott's quite famous for being the true alpha and all... every supernatural creature knows about him and his pack, because of what they did to protect others for the past three and a half years," he explains, a small smile gracing his lips as he does so.
"Why did you act so weird when I wanted to talk to you at the hospital?" I ask curiosity getting the best of me.
"I had to get back to my siblings," he responds, smile fading and I regret asking him that, deciding that those were enough questions for the day.

"What do you think?" mum asks shooting me a look "I think you should've asked him first," I respond, not believing that she would just enroll Luke in the High School without talking to him about it.
"I'm a counselor Liam and after what that boy has been through, I think he needs a distraction," she informs "And you think High School will be a good distraction?" I ask, trying to stay calm and not make a fuss, because it's not that big of a deal right?
"Yes, because he'll be with you and your friends. People his age," she says "And it's a lot better than to stay home and do nothing," she adds and she's right but "What about Matt?" I ask looking at her.
"He's gonna go to the Beacon Hills Elementary school," she informs.
Just so you know, I told mom that Luke's parents died - leaving out details obviously - and I told her that Luke didn't want to get lost in the system and be separated from his brother.
The only family he has left.
And she agreed to take care of him for as long as he need it, but since she's a counselor, she doesn't want Luke and Matt to be alone at home so she's trying to find something to keep them busy.
"When do they start?" I ask calmly.
"Tomorrow," she responds and I grit my teeth, trying not to snap at her.
"Why tomorrow already?" I question "Because your grandma is sick and I'm gonna spend a few days with her and your dad has the early shift at the hospital tomorrow," she informs, patting my shoulder before making her way back to the stove.
"You should go tell him," she says shooting me a quick look before returning to the pan in front of her.

"She's right," Luke says as I enter the room and I shoot him a look because I didn't even say anything.
"How -" I start but he interrupts me by motioning to his ear and I understand what he's saying.
Supernatural hearing.
"Are you sure you're not a werewolf?" I ask as I sit on my bed and he nods his head, before shaking it again, which makes me very confused.
"I told you before, it the woods, that I'm not really a werewolf," he informs "And I asked if you were a Kanima, before you made me shut up," I point out "I'm not a Kanima, not really," he responds "Are you gonna tell me - eventually? Or are you just gonna make me keep asking and making a fool out of myself?" I ask and before Luke can say anything, we hear someone enter the room and look up to see Matt standing at the door.
"He's a chimera," he says and I frown a little shooting a quick look between the two siblings.
"We all are," Matt informs "We all were," he says correcting himself "Except my dad," he adds and I shoot them a confused look.
"We have different fathers," Luke clarifies, not taking his eyes off his brother.
"He was human," Matt informs before leaving the room as if nothing happened and I sit there, speechless.
I had no idea that there were any other chimeras apart from Hayden, Corey and Theo.
"We're born chimeras," Luke says looking at me as if reading my mind "We're no one's experiment if that's what you're thinking," he adds still looking at me.
"Why didn't you say that before?" I ask "Because we're referred to as 'abominations' by almost every supernatural creature that knows we exist," he responds and it doesn't help my confusion. "Your friend Malia," he says "She's also a born chimera, because she was born part wolf part coyote," he informs and he's right.
I don't even know why I didn't think of it."Centuries ago, the werewolves were considered freaks when they fell in love with coyote's - for example. And their kids were considered abominations and were killed by either a werewolf or a coyote," he explains "They were shunned and had to hide to survive. My parents were both chimeras and so I became one as well, with four different kinds of supernatural DNA running through me. Matt only has two supernatural ones, because his dad was human," he adds.
"So you're a werewolf and a Kanima?" I assume and he nods his head "And a wendigo as well as a banshee," he adds.
"I'm not really sure about the banshee part, but I can feel when someone is either close to death, dying or already dead," he informs "And it feels like I'm the one actually dying, so I can't really tell the difference most of the time," he points out, resting his arms under his head and I follow his motions as I lie down on my bed.
As we lie there in silence I realise that I haven't spoken with my friends for days and that I probably have a million missed calls and texts.
So I sit up and get out of my bed so fast that Luke jumps a little and he looks at me as I run around the room searching for my phone.
"Have you seen my phone?" I ask as I look all over my room.
"I saw a phone in the bathroom this morning," he responds "I'm not sure it's yours though," he adds and I leave the room, entering the bathroom next to it.
I breathe in relief as I find it laying on the counter.
As I walk back to my room, I see that I have a few missed calls. At least two from each of my friends and one from Theo although I have no idea how he got my number.
At least I don't remember giving it to him.
Then I realise that I called him once and that he probably saved it.
Anyway, I also have a couple unread messages, especially from Mason, there's six of them.

Mase: Dude why aren't you answering your damn phone?
We called you like a million times.
Mase: Seriously Liam, why don't you answer it?
Mase: They found a dead body in the woods.
At first we thought Theo had something to do with it, but the guys leg was eaten off, probably by a wendigo and Theo wasn't even in town as it turns out
Mase: This is getting ridiculous, we had to ask Theo to help us.
He confirmed that it was a wendigo.
he found a house with a bunch of bodies in it.
Dead
bodies.
And Parrish found remains buried in the yard.
Mase: Liam if you don't call back, I'm gonna call Scott.
I'm serious.

The last message made me look alarmed.
It was sent one hour ago.
I quickly dial Mason's number, hoping that he hasn't called Scott yet.
"Geez, finally," Mason says on the other end of the line. "Sorry, I lost my phone the other day and found it only a minute ago," I say and I'm not actually lying, because I didn't know where it was.
I'm just glad that he didn't ask where I found it.
"Anyway, it's good that you called, because we need you at the animal clinic right now," he informs and before I can ask him why, he says I have to go there now, before hanging up in my face.
Luke who is now sitting on my bed probably heard everything and is staring at me with a mixture of confusion and fear.
"You're coming with me," I inform and he doesn't protest, instead he stands up, ready to follow me.