Chapter 6 |-| Coffee and Chocolate

Liam

Ever since we found William cut in half in the woods, Luke has been really down again, as if losing another member of his family.
He explained to me that Chimeras have a connection like the one an alpha has with his beta.
It's not exactly like the one of an alpha with it's beta which is like the one of a parent and their child, but it's very similar.
Even though he didn't know William like he knows Corey and Theo, it still hurt like a bitch because he felt William being cut to pieces and he's really sad about it.
Matt is still not talking to him and it's been over a week now.
But Luke seems like he doesn't give a shit anymore.
It's not his fault that Chelsea was killed.
Matt shouldn't be holding a grudge like this.
I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and grab it to read a message from Mason.

Mase✌: The Sheriff found another body, a girl this time

Me: Another Chimera or?

Mase✌: No. She's human,
she was chewed up like the last one but she's still alive

Me: Found where? In the woods?

Mase✌: Yeah, Theo is getting her to Deaton right now

Me: I'll be there as fast as possible

Mase✌: See you then

I pocket my phone and look up at my desk where Luke has been sitting for the past hour, doing Homework, which I probably should be doing.
Oh well.
I contemplate if I should ask him to come with me and after a while I decide against it, thinking it's better for him to stay home, not only because he's sad about William, but because he's probably feeling what happened to the girl Mason was just talking about.
"I'm going out," I say standing up from my bed and he doesn't even budge.
"I'll see you later," I add, laying my hand on his shoulder for a second before leaving the room and closing the door behind me.

"I came as fast as I could," I inform as I enter the animal clinic to see Mason and Corey sitting on the waiting chairs. "What's going on?" I ask "Where's Theo?" I ask as my eyes scan the room. I can smell him but I don't see him. "He's with Deaton, trying to make it easier for her," Mason responds "He's taking her pain," Corey adds and I enter the room where Theo and Deaton are with the girl on the silver table.
Theo is holding the girls hand, the familiar black veins running up his arms as he takes her pain away.
He carefully lets go of her hand as she closes her eyes.
Dead.
When I approach the table, Theo shoots me a quick look before looking down at the girl.
She's about Lori's age and it makes my heart hurt to see her like this.
"We have to find out who did this," I say, clenching my jaw in anger "I can't keep doing this," I add "I can't keep losing," I inform and Theo walks over to me, resting his hand on my shoulder "We'll find whoever's responsible," he says and I look at his eyes, looking for reassurance and he smiles a little "I promise," he adds and I feel a lot better.
"But what if he ends up like WIlliam?" Corey questions as he steps into the room with Mason behind him and Theo puts his hand back down.
"We just have to find him before the Hunters do," I say "And when we do, we can figure out how to prevent any more dead bodies. It doesn't matter if they're Chimeras, humans or any other kind of supernatural creature," I inform "We're gonna try to save as many as we can," I add and they all nod in agreement.
Even Theo.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school," Mason informs as we hug each other goodbye and I nod my head, before giving Corey a hug too.
Parrish came to the clinic a while ago to take the body to the morgue and looked as devastated as we do for seeing such a young child dead.
"Well, I guess I'll see you around," Theo says waving awkwardly.
"Theo, wait," I call, before he can go too far and he turns around to look at me.
"Do you mind if I come over to your house?" I ask scratching the back of my head awkwardly and when he looks at me confused, I facepalm mentally.
"I'm sorry," I say "I should probably go home," I stutter, but before I can head towards my car he stops me.
"You can come," he informs "If you want," he adds and I can hear the nervousness in his voice. "Really?" I question and he nods his head.
I smile a little, trying not to seem too excited about it

"It's nice," I inform as soon as I step into Theo's loft.
It's really clean, everything has its place and it feels homey.
He has a bookshelf next to an armchair and it's littered with books.
Beside the bookshelf on the ground there's a box, I can't really see what's inside, but I assume it's filled with even more books.
I didn't know Theo was the reading type.
And the smell.
It smells like Coffee and Chocolate, just like Theo does.
Okay, that just sounded creepy.
At least for me.
"Thanks," Theo says, smiling a little. "Do you want coffee or something?" he asks slowly making his way to what I assume is the kitchen "Yeah, that would be great, thanks," I respond, smiling back, before he disappears.
"You can sit down," I hear Theo call from the kitchen and I do as told, making my way to the couch.
From here I can see what's in the box beside the bookshelf.
Vinyl.
My eyes scan the room, landing on a record player in the corner of the room.
I didn't think of Theo as a music lover either.

"There you go," Theo says as he hands me a cup of coffee, before sitting down a comfortable distance beside me with his own cup. "Thanks," I smile, before looking around the room again.
I can feel Theo's eyes on me and I hide my blush with the cup.
When I my eyes meet his, he quickly averts his gaze, pretending to be focused on something else and I try to hold back a smile.
He suddenly stands up, putting his cup on the coffee table and I follow his movements as he walks over to the box, crouching in front of it. He starts looking through the vinyls and he seems pretty focused on what he's doing.
"Ha!" he exclaims as he stands up with a vinyl in his hands. His face literally lights up and he reminds me of a child on Christmas.
It makes me smile, because I've never seen Theo Raeken so happy about something. Especially not about something as simple as a vinyl.
He walks over to the record player and turns it on.
A soft song comes on and I've never heard it before in my life.
"Who's song is that?" I ask, because I really like it and Theo shrugs "I have no idea," he informs "It's a mixed tape I got from a friend, a while back," he says as he slowly walks back to the couch, he grabs his coffee and sits back down beside me.
Without noticing it, we end up scooting closer to each other and it doesn't feel uncomfortable. I actually like it.
I can feel the heat radiating off him and it's kinda cozy and relaxing to be honest.
No, that doesn't mean that I like Theo, at least not like that. It just means that I'm comfortable around him.
He isn't a treat to me anymore and like I said before, I feel like I can trust him with anything.
We may not be talking right now, but it's not as awkward as I thought it would be.
Theo is actually good company and I would love to do this more often.
And since he's part of the pack now, I may actually be able to be around him more, you know with pack meetings and stuff.

"It's getting late," Theo points out and I look out of the window to see that it's getting dark. "I should go home," I say, "I have school tomorrow," I add slowly standing up.
Theo stands up as well. walking with me to the door.
"You could come over some other time, if you want," he says as he holds the door open for me. "I probably will," I smile as I step out of the loft and he smiles back before saying goodbye and closing the door.
I can feel him linger at the door for a while, before going away.
I smile to myself before I walk towards my car.

I walk inside my room to see that Luke is already fast asleep and I change into my PJ's as quietly as possible, before getting under the covers.
I fall asleep instantly with a smile on my face and one thought running through my head.

Theo Raeken.