Chapter 25 (part 1)

Unspoken words are the worst regrets

Laksh realized that Ragini was still on her seat unmoved. She was blankly staring at a point from a time unknown. Her epiglottis moved and made the feel that she is alive still. The tears had stopped dropping out of  her eyes. He was gathering his courage to go near her.

All her life she fought like a warrior but this war defeated her. To an extent she has not recovered yet and there is no hope that she will recover ever.

***.***

“When I will not be there na you will realize” she felt he was just near her sometime ago. She collapsed on the college bench where they used to sit. Her memories came back where she used to almost crush him with her hug and he used suffocate.

When her hand moved to touch him he just vanished in the air and she looked around searching him.

She entered the library and sat in their usual place. She found him in front of her signing her to be quite. She let a small chuckle and again he disappeared.

Her bed where she had played wrestling with him. The cupboard where she hid with him. Rashmi's kitchen where she had messed it up and he had cleaned it pouting. Was there any spot in the world where he will not appear in front of her.

***.****

“Ragu... Ragu...” Janaki stopped Ragini who was heading to her room. She did not look at her mom but instead stared blankly.

Her vulnerable condition made Janaki's heart cringe. “See I have made your favorite. You won't eat” still there was no response from Ragini. “Come” Janaki dragged her controlling her tears. She made Ragini sit and served her the food.

Ragini sat blankly. Janaki forwarded the morsel and Ragini opened her mouth to have the morsel and again sat blankly. Raghuvendra controlled his tears looking at her. Shekar placed his hand on raghu's shoulder to console him.

***.***

“It had been an year Ji. She stopped speaking. She looks like a lifeless body. For how many days we have to see her like this?” Janaki was resting her head on Raghu's shoulder. He caressed her hair. “We can't help it Jaan. She has to over come it by herself. Even Sanskar tried to make her talk but she doesn't respond at all” said he painfully.

She lied on her bed and the tear again tripped her eye.

***.***

“Ouch Ragzee” Akshat said annoyed when she hit him over his head. “Why was this for?” he asked rubbing his head.

“Just to check if you are listening to me or lost in your Maina's dreams” she chuckled.

“Ha ha very funny. Tell me” said he.  “Popu I was thinking let me open a restaurant after degree” she said dreamily.

“And who will cook in that restaurant. Tujhe tho paani ubalna bhi nai aatha?” he asked curios. “You are there na. You learn cooking for me please” she scratched his shoulder pouting. He jerked her hand. “And why will I do that? You want to open the restaurant and why should I learn cooking” he asked her.

“Ohho Popu I will give you fifty percent of the profit” she hanged her hands across his neck. “Oh wow and what about the 100 percent loss I have to tolerate?” he asked amused.

“Popu so you are saying my ideas are all flop?” she crossed her arms. “Is there any doubt in that. Whatever you think will not work at all” said he.

“So why are you there. To make everything alright in my life right. So wo teri problem hai” she shrugged her shoulders.

“So I'm in this world only to fix the siyappa's you create?” he asked her. “Then what? You are my guarding angel and that's your duty” she said. “When did I become that without my knowledge?” asked he. “From the time you were born Popu” she said and hit his head playfully.