Chapter 8

"Do you have any responsibility. All your life went like this only" Ragini heard a woman beating a man on the road. It was the slum area near to their posh society. They were walking back home after getting down from bus in the evening. She turned and saw the woman was beating the man and he was not even standing properly. All people had surrounded them and watching them. "Sanky bhai had important appointment so he did not come to pick me" said Laksh to Akshat. He saw Ragini was lost somewhere. He followed her gaze and understood that she was watching the fight on the road. He sensed she was moving in that direction. He held her hand and stopped her. She turned and looked at him confused.

"Ragzee don't think about all this. Come" said he dragging her. Ragini fumed and jerked his hand. "I said na come" said he again holding her hand and dragging. "Leave me HK" said she glaring him. "I said na come" said he and dragged her. She removed her hand from his hold and walked in that direction.

"Aunty aunty what happened?" asked Ragini holding the lady's hand who was ready to throw the bucket on the man. "See beta he lost all my savings in betting. You know I work in 5 to 6 homes and save the money for my kids school fee" said she sobbing. "Aunty relax" said Ragini cooling her. "You know my Anisha is very intelligent. She got 75 % scholarship but now I have to pay 25 % of fees and this man lost all that money in bet" said she and wiped her tears with her Sari pallu.

"If you fight now will it help in anyway? You are only wasting your energy" said Ragini cooling her. "Hey" said the man and threw the bucket in the woman's direction and as Ragini was standing in front of her it was about to hit her but Laksh held it on the right time. Ragini stood closing her eyes scared. She opened her eyes and found Laksh standing in front of her and was about to attack the man. "Laksh Laksh" said Ragini holding him. He fumed looking at her. "He is drunk. Leave" said she and he cooled down looking at her. "Then what will I do beta now. Tomorrow I have to pay the fees otherwise they will throw my kid out of school. In this world people like us has no rights to dream also" said she and sobbed. "You called me beta na your daughter is my sister now. I will help her. Tell me which school I will personally come there tomorrow and pay the fees" said Ragini caressing her cheek. "But beta" said she. "Beta bhi bolte ho and you don't wanna take my help also? Not fair" said Ragini pouting.

The lady smiled at her and held her hands folding and said "I will return your money soon beta" Ragini wiped her tears and said "You take your own time. I know even if I tell you to not to return it you will not listen. But you can take your own time. I have all my life for that. So tomorrow morning I will meet you here. We will go together. How much is the fees?" asked Ragini. "5000 beta" said she hesitant. "Okay Aunty I will meet you tomorrow morning" said Ragini and headed from there waving her hand. The lady smiled and walked back inside the home.

"HK" said Ragini holding Laksh's hand and shaking him. He jerked her hand and turned his face and walked. "Please stop behaving like a typical girlfriend Lucky" said Ragini annoyed. "Popu tell her I'm not gonna talk to her" said Laksh. "Why?" asked Ragini. "Lucky" said Ragini holding his shoulders. "What is the need to interfere in every matter?" asked Laksh angry. "I cannot be ignorant for everything Laksh. When matter is solvable why should not we solve it?" asked she. "But he was about to hit you. What if something happened to you?"

asked Laksh cupping her face and time stopped when they looked at each other. Akshat was controlling his smile looking at them. "I mean I was worried whom will I call chudail?" said Laksh avoiding eye contact. Ragini fumed and chased him. And Akshat laughed looking at them. "And still they say they hate each other" thought Akshat nodding his head and watched them running. "Maa was right I should leave it on time" said he and walked.
_________________________________x_______________________________________________________
"Say hello to Didi" said Anisha's mom. "Hello Di" said Anisha greeting Ragini. "Hello" said Ragini caressing her cheek. "And this is for you" said Ragini forwarding a chocolate to her. She turned and looked at her mom who signed her to take it and she smiled and took it. "Thank you" said she smiling widely. "Bas Thank you? Not fair" said Ragini pouting. "Then?" asked Anisha bending her head. Ragini showed her cheek and she kissed her and Ragini kissed her back. "Chale aunty" said she to the lady who was watching them and smiling. She nodded her head and walked to the school.