Chapter 1 - First Sight

It was July 24, Eddie Kaspbrak sat alone at the park on Melby Lane reading 'Medicine A-Z', a book his mother had bought him the first time he got a cold.
"read this Eddie Bear, it will help you stay safe." his mother had lied.

As the sun went down, Eddie decided it was time to head home. He grabbed his bag, checked that he had his aspirator and started towards his street. He made whistling noises with his hands while he walked and everything was perfectly normal until he heard footsteps coming from behind him...

He whipped his head around to see his worst nightmare, Henry Bowers standing before him.
"hey wheezy! Wheres the rest of the losers you consider friends?" Henry chuckled. Before Eddie had the chance to run he was flying through the air. He landed in a heap just a meter or so from where Henry stood. He winced in pain noticing a bright red graze on his right knee.

Eddie braced himself for another shove when all of a sudden he heard Henry scream in pain.

Eddie looked up, frazzled, to see a tall-ish boy with thick glasses and a palm tree printed shirt. He then noticed the rock the held in his left hand. it had blood smeared messily on one side. The mystery boy rushed over to Eddie, grabbed his hand in his own and pulled him up. Then, before Eddie could process what just happened, they were sprinting, hand in hand, to the end of the street.