7

I put my phone down and stared very hard at it.
Frowning I looked over at Derek.
"What's up?" He asked lazily as he shut the door behind him and began to put his headset back on.
"Nothing. Its just that... I don't know...its-"
"Dude, what is going with you?!" Derek exclaimed impatiently.
"I just think that Isolde is acting weird....or..or at least different." I began, unsure of what I was saying.
"She seemed alright earlier. She was talking with people and was actually quite chill" he said as he loaded the game and spoke to the other player through the mouth piece.
"That's the thing! She never 'chills'. Isolde is never 'chill' about people. She is also very afraid of groups of people so what's causing her to be so calm and relaxed suddenly. Normally she'd be crying her eyes out and I'd have to calm her down." I said lying flat on the bed with my legs hanging out from the knee down. exasperatedly.
"Calm down Lukey boy. I'm pretty sure things are changing and she's becoming more mature. I mean, i'm no therapist or philosopher or whatever but I'm pretty sure she knows that matter how supposedly 'cute' it is she can't cry in your shoulder forever." He said before adding, "Hey Doug where are you? I need you here now!"
Chuckling to myself I asked, "You really like that game"
To be replied with,"Shush"
After a while we were watching trashy youtube movies and clips with him TV on the couch and me on the weathering carpet.
"Do you think that I'm paranoid?"
"That's an understatement." He replied whilst cringing at the false and overenthusiastic facial expressions.

I guess I'll have to go by what Derek said then.
I sent a goodnight message and that I'll be over to take her to school.
She didn't reply.
Oh well, she probably fell asleep...