15: GOOD WORK

The morning had rolled around and very quickly, but Ava was up

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The morning had rolled around and very quickly, but Ava was up. She was actually up at six o'clock this morning. It was a new day and she wasn't going to be late for school. Everything about her was different, her entire personality had changed ever since she came back from Germany. There was just one problem, she had to watch over Peter and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid or get himself killed. Of course she feels bad about lying to him and being a snitch, but if this is what it takes to keep him safe then she was going to do it.

Ava knew how much Peter wanted to become an Avenger, it was obvious. He was going to do everything he can to make sure that happens. She didn't really want to be an Avenger, she was happy with just being the White Tiger. When they were in Germany it was weird when they had to work as a team, but even though they didn't succeed with capturing Steve, they still kicked some ass. Ava enjoyed that, but being a team full time would make her really uncomfortable because she's not god with group work, just ask the teachers at her school.

After her shower, she had breakfast and her grandmother watched her as they ate toast together for the first time in two years. Magda was so confused, seeing Ava with this much energy so early in the day and she didn't know what to say or do. She just went with the flow. Her grandmother noticed the difference in her after she came back from Germany, which she was thankful for. She was also thankful that Ava came back to her, instead of getting that visit from Matt Murdock again. When Hector died Matt was the one who came by and told them about it.

Ava didn't cry, but Magda did and Matt stayed with them until she fell asleep. He told Ava that it was going to be okay and if she ever needed anything she should just pick up the phone and ask him. He was a good friend and one of these days Ava was going to have to go and visit him, but she never knew when was a good time because he was always busy. When she finished her breakfast, she went back into her bedroom and got dressed. She was starting to take pride in her appearance, hanging up her brother's jacket and boots. Today, her outfit consisted of a navy blue and white tartan skirt, a black, long sleeved top and a pair of white converse sneakers and black stockings.

She would never wear something like this, but she was feeling different and she enjoyed experimenting with things. Her hair wasn't in it's usual messy bun, instead she actually looked in the mirror and did her hair. It was open and in loose curls, flowing absolutely perfectly and she even added a little bit of makeup. She had even forgotten she owned makeup. Her grandmother was so glad Ava was taking pride in her appearance, but she was still really confused with her whole attitude change. Ava put her camera in her backpack, slinging it over her shoulder and grabbing her denim jacket. She exited her bedroom, but not before giving her outfit one last look in the mirror and making sure it was suitable for school.

"Ma, I'm leaving!" She called out to her grandmother, who came running from her bedroom in her nurse outfit.

"Have fun at school," she kissed her granddaughter on the cheek, "Love you. See you in the morning." Magda watched as Ava exited the apartment with a smile on her face, a smile that she hoped would never disappear. The door closed behind her and she turned around, Peter was suppose to meet her in the hall but he was nowhere to be seen. She continued walking, reaching his apartment door and was about to knock when she felt something hovering above and she looked up to see Peter sticking to the side of the wall. Placing a hand to her chest, feeling her rapid heart beat as she began breathing heavily.

"What are you doing?" She asked him as he jumped down from the wall, smirking. "Trying to scare you, obviously."

He smiled, she lightly shoved him, "Jerk." Before they started walking to the elevator, Peter noticed how different Ava looked today. To him she looked beautiful, but she always looks beautiful to him. "Earth to Peter Parker," Ava snapped her fingers in his face, pulling him out of his trance and she chuckled. "You okay, web slinger?" She asked him, he nodded. "Yeah, I'm cool." She nodded and they went towards the elevator, coming to the lobby and walking out the doors.

They were talking about the whole Germany thing again, but coming up with different ways it could've been handled instead of the way that it was handled. "In my opinion," Ava began, "Tony shouldn't have given Steve a choice. You should've webbed him up, threw him in the back of a van and captured the others. Should've sedated that Maximoff chick when we had the chance." Peter chuckled as they came to the train station, standing around and waiting for the train to arrive. "You think they'll call us for the next mission?" He asked her, she shrugged.

"That depends on the universe, I guess." She smiled.

They gotten on the train a few minutes ago, talking about the video that he had finish edit of their trip. He was going to show her after school if she wanted to see it and she did. She wanted to see if she was an awkward fighter. When they got into the school they walked up the steps, everyone was looking at them weirdly and they were whispering. "Okay, I'll see you in class. I've got to go see Mr. Morita and prove that I'm actually here." Peter nodded with a smile and watched as she walked off. Ava rushed to the principal's office, seeing that Morita wasn't even in yet. She knew this would be interesting.

She dropped her bag on the floor, going over to his chair and sitting in it with a smirk on her face. Her hands were clasped together and she sat up straight, seeing Mr. Morita approaching the door. He opened the door, not noticing the young girl sitting in his chair. He looked up, finally seeing her in his chair, "Hello, Morita. Surprised?" She asked him with a smile.

"Well this is a first," he said and she stood up, picking her bag up off the floor. "What's with the chipper mood?" He asked as she slung her bag on her shoulder, "I have a new found perspective for life."

He chuckled, "Does it have something to do with you missing school?" He questioned, she shrugged. "Maybe. Maybe not." She walked to the door opening it, "You know, you and Peter Parker missed the same amount of days, which is suspicious." He crossed his arms over his chest, she sighed. "Things have changed and I promise I won't slip back into old habits, I was just at the Stark Industries internship retreat. A hand few were picked and it was Peter and I," she lied and he smiled while nodded. "Excellent work. Congratulations." He patted her shoulder, "Yeah, it was an honour." Mr. Morita liked this version of Ava.

"Well, keep up the good work."

-

WELL, I AM DONE WITH PART ONE OF UNDERCOVER AND I'M ACTUALLY REALLY PROUD OF THIS BOOK BECAUSE IT'S BETTER THAN ANY OF MY OTHER BOOKS.

I HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED AVA AND HOW I HAVE PORTRAYED HER IN THIS BOOK. PART 2 WILL BE UP SOON AND I'M NERVOUS BECAUSE I DON'T THINK IT'S GOING TO BE GOOD, BUT I AM GIVING IT A SHOT.

THANK YOU FOR READING, COMMENTING AMD VOTING. I APPRECIATE IT.

-MEGAN