12: HOME SWEET HOME

Ava walked in the elevator with Peter by her side, they had both been worried about what would happen when they got home

Ava walked in the elevator with Peter by her side, they had both been worried about what would happen when they got home. He was nervous to go home with a bruised face, lucky for Ava she covered her's with makeup and it didn't even look like she had any. Peter on the other hand refused when she offered to cover his face with make-up, he might be a boy but he's Spider-Man. He can't be running around with make-up on. There was also a slim chance that his aunt, May, would figure out that he had it on and he would have to explain to her why.

Peter isn't that good at lying. After her talk with Tony, she knew she couldn't let Peter know about it because he would never trust or forgive her. Even though she didn't want to be the snitch, she had to be so she could keep him and herself safe. The silence in the elevator was a little awkward, they both hated awkward silences. Ava turned to Peter, seeing the worry on his face as they came closer and closer to their floor. She slipped her hand into his, just for comfort because the needed it. Luckily it was her right hand that was messed up, so she could hold his hand with her left.

Peter became a little bit stiff, he's never held a girl's hand before. This was like a whole new world for him. Obviously this didn't mean anything, it was just hand holding. It's not like they were kissing or anything. The elevator door opened, Ava let go of his hand and walked out after he motioned for her to go first. Compared to the hotel that stayed at in Germany, this apartment building was a dump. It wasn't terrible, but it was no Germany. Peter stopped her for a moment, turning her to face him and she was taken back a little bit.

"What do I say?" He asked her and she raised an eyebrow, "About what?" She smiled. "My black eye!" He whisper yelled.

"I offered to put makeup on it, Peter." She turned back around and continued to walk, "That would make things even more suspicious." He called to her and she smirked, continuing to walk and adjusting her backpack. Peter caught up to her, "So, your grandmother is okay with you crime fighting?" He turned to her as the turned the corner, "Um, yeah, she's okay with it. She's never told me otherwise." Ava shrugged. "Lucky." Peter said and turned forward, making Ava roll her eyes.

When they got to Peter's apartment door, they stopped for a moment and just stood there and look at each other. Until Peter broke the silence, "So, we had fun." Ava furrowed her brows, "As much fun as anyone can when they get their ass kicked." They both began to chuckle, "Yeah, we really did get our asses beat." Ava pushed her hair back as she spoke, "Sorry about the hand." He looked at her hand, it wasn't swollen or red anymore, but the injured part was covered so he couldn't see much. "No, I'm glad I broke your fall." She smiled, pulling him in and giving him an unexpected hug.

"I'm glad you're okay." She whispered and felt him grip her around the waist.

She pulled back from him, just as Peter was about to say something to her, the door opened. Peter's aunt May stood there with a smile on her face and they quickly pulled away from each other, "I thought I heard voices." She looked between the two of them and smiled, "Ava, how are you? I haven't seen you in a while." May unexpectedly brought her into a hug, which took Ava by a full blown surprise and she put her broken hand behind her back. "I've been good, just been a little busy." Ava said in a soft voice, puling away from Peter's aunt and then she saw her nephew's face and became alarmed, "Peter, what happened to your face?" She exclaimed and pulled him towards her.

Peter feeling a little embarrassed, "I'm okay. Really, I'm fine." He told her, swatting her hands away from his face. Ava smiled, "Well, I guess I should get going. I'll see you at school, Peter." Ava walked off, hearing May pester Peter with questions and she smiled. After the two second walk to her apartment door, she unlocked it and entered the apartment. It was quiet, her grandmother was probably at work since it was the night. She closed the door behind her with her foot and then dropped her stuff on the floor, hearing the thump from both the case and her backpack which had that box in it. Ava ignored it and went to the kitchen, going to the fridge and seeing a note of the door.

She read over it, 'Sorry I'm not home to welcome you back in person, but I will be tomorrow afternoon. I made you dinner and desert. Welcome home, Ava.'

Her grandmother had wrote it and she smiled, placing it down on the counter and her eyes met her backpack again. She wanted to wait to open it, but she couldn't. She needed to open that box right now. Rushing over to her bag, she got down on her knees and opened her bag. She pulled out the white box, opening it up and gasping as she saw money. She pulled it out, knowing that she shouldn't got paid this much money for such a small job and she didn't even stop Captain America. A card fell out, she picked it up and read over it.

'Have fun in Puerto Rico - T.S' and now she felt stupid. Tony knew.