11: EYES & EARS

From the time Tony had checked on them, all they did the other night was talk and then watch a movie

From the time Tony had checked on them, all they did the other night was talk and then watch a movie. They had to keep to themselves, so they didn't speak to anyone else except for Happy because he had to keep an eye on them. He was pretty much babysitting them, which Ava thought was a waste of time because they weren't children. Happy wasn't to fond of Peter, considering their plane ride together when they got to Germany. When Ava was going to Germany, she went alone and Happy didn't accompany her. That she was thankful for, but Peter thought it was totally unfair.

When Tony came back from wherever he went, he was different and he came back without the sling. He was changed and a little distant, but he was okay. He immediately became himself after the car ride, but Ava still knew there was something wrong. They hadn't gotten to the apartment building yet, but Peter was trying to be sly about the whole video diary thing. He had it on, but laying on his lap even though it was visible. Tony noticed it, knowing what Peter was obviously doing. Ava was just reading her book, which is what she did on the plane ride to and from Germany.

"What are you doing?" He asked Peter with a smirk, "A little video diary?" Ava could hear them talking, but she was more interested in finding out if Maddy was really sick or not. "Yeah," Peter said softly, Tony nodded as he spoke, "It's alright." "I told him not to do it," Happy said from the front seat, Ava was sitting next to him in the passenger seat. "He was filming everything..." "You know, we should actually make an alibi for your aunt anyway, you ready?" Tony took off his glasses, looking into the camera. "You rolling?" Peter nodded, "Get in the frame."

Ava looked in the rearview mirror as they looked like they were in the midst of taking a selfie, she softly giggled to herself. "Hey, May. How are you doing? What are you wearing?" Ava put her book down, listening to this, "Something skimpy, I hope." Peter immediately became confused, Ava trying her hardest not to laugh and so was Happy, but Tony burst into fits of laughter. "Okay, that's inappropriate. Let's start over, you can edit it." Tony patted Peter on the shoulder, he nodded. "Hey, May. My gosh, I wanted to tell you what a great job your nephew did this weekend at the Stark Internship Retreat."

That was obviously not a real thing, "Everyone was impressed..."

"Come on!" Happy yelled after there was a beep, scaring the life out of everyone in the car. "It's a freaking merge, I'm sorry." Happy shook his head, "This is 'cause you're not in Queens Boulevard." Tony told him, Ava smiling as she pulled her camera out of her backpack. "See Happy is hoping to get bumped up to asset management. He  was forehead of security, before that he was just a driver..." "That was a private conversation. I don't like talking about this, it was hard to talk to you about it."

Ava began taking pictures of the street lights, all the cars in front of them, Happy was a little angry and Ava took a picture of him. "What's with you kids and the cameras?" He asked as he slammed on the breaks, she shrugged and gave him a small smile. Ava glanced back at Peter, seeing him laugh. "Happy, can you give me a moment with the kids?" Tony asked, just as Ava began putting her camera and book away. "You want me to leave the car?" Happy didn't look too happy about that, "Why don't you grab their cases." Happy huffed as he got out the car, Peter put the camera down.

"I can keep the suit?" He asked him, "Yes, that's what we were just talking about."

Tony put his glasses back on. The suit that Ava had was her's, well it's Hectors, but Tony fixed it so it was wearable for a woman her age and build. There was more to that suit that Tony was letting on, even Peter's suit, but that's for another time. "Both of you do you me favour, Happy's kind of your point guy on this. Don't stress him out." He looked at both of them after Ava turned around, "I've seen his cardio gram, alright?"

Ava nodded, "Yes!" Peter said enthusiastically. "Don't do anything I would do and definitely don't do anything I wouldn't do. There's a little grey area in there and that's where you operate." He mainly said that to Peter, "Does that mean I'm an Avenge..." "No," Tony cut him off just as Happy knocked on the window. He had the two large cases in his hands and was struggling with holding them, "Seventh floor." Tony told him, Ava got out the car and grabbed her backpack, walking towards Happy. She grabbed her case with ease, Happy rolling his eyes in annoyance while Peter and Tony still spoke. "Yeah, like you have the strength."

He he grabbed the chain that the amulet was hanging around, she chuckled as she placed the case on the floor, taking off the amulet and giving it to Happy. She picked up the case again with ease, "We Ayala's have very good upper body strength." She smiled, Happy nodding and then having a small laugh with her as he gave her back the amulet. Peter had gotten out the car, giving Ava a small smile. "Ava," Tony called to her and she looked at him in the car, "A word, please." She immediately became confused, but dropped her stuff and got back in the car anyway.

Peter let her and Tony speak while he waited near the apartment building's door. "Here," he handed her a box and she was confused, "Put it in your bag and open it upstairs." She nodded, doing as she was told and he took off his glasses again. He looked out the window, behind her at Peter standing by the door and waiting for her. He was so excited that he got to keep the suit and he as just smiling to himself. "Listen, somehow you're way more responsible and mature than the kid," Tony motioned to Peter and Ava knew that was the truth.

"I can't always keep track of him, I can, but that's way too much effort. I need you to be my eyes and ears."

"What?" She crunched her face up in confusion. "I need you to be a snitch," he shrugged and she gasped. "I am no snitch," she shook her head, "Who would I be snitching on?" "Peter." Tony told her, but she was just shaking her head, "What if a giant, purple alien came down from the sky and tried to destroy Midtown high school. Peter will try to defeat it on his own and he could possibly die. I can't have him or you die, I just can't let that happen."

Tony was showing a lot of emotion and Ava really wanted to do this for him, but she didn't want to betray Peter's trust. "One of you has to be the responsible one and we both know it's not Parker," Tony chuckled and Ava had to agree with him. "I guess," she shrugged and put his glasses back on with a smile. "Great. You'll be his guide and make sure he doesn't get himself into any trouble while also keeping yourself safe." Ava didn't want to let Tony down, but wasn't even going to be here for long anyway so she just agreed.

"Remember to stay on the ground."