Making Plans

a short lil chapter, tried to fit some kiki x mitsuhide in but this chapter is important for the future! but don't worry, more zenyuki to come ;) •

It was morning in the castle, and Zen had just entered his office, drowsy from staying up all night conversating with his wife. He walked in, instantly met with his two knights, Kiki and Mitsuhide facing him with backs straight and looks serious.
"...Yo."
He greeted, caught slightly off guard by their formal posture.
"Your highness, there is much we need to discuss." Kiki spoke, in her normal flat, almost emotionless voice.
Zen walked from the doorway to his desk, where he sat and looked at her with a confused face. "Why are you being so formal, Kiki?"
She sighed, both her and Mitsuhide turning to face him.
"Zen," Mitsuhide started, while looking to Kiki for approval. "You know that as planned, Kiki would stay by your side up until you took Shirayuki to be your wife."
He looked down nervously. Kiki took his hint and took back the conversation.
"But after Shirayuki was with child, me and Mitsuhide mutually agreed to stay until the baby was born."
Her face went sad, showing the rare sign of emotion.
"And I would've loved to see the little one grow a little before I depart. But due to the unfortunate events that happened, we decided to stay longer to be there for you two." Mitsuhide looked up again, taking the reigns and trying to calm himself.
"And now that it seems at peace, we must discuss her leave, and possibly mine."
Zen nodded, understanding what he meant by that. It was no surprise to anyone. After all, Kiki had already declared to Zen that she planned on proposing to Mitsuhide, and not long before him and Shirayuki's wedding Kiki and Mitsuhide started to formally court. "I understand. Have you contacted your father yet, Kiki?" She cleared her throat and spoke,
"Yes, I wrote to him saying we'd be making a visit sometime soon."
Zen pulled a pen and some paper out.
"Good, Let's do this then: You head to your house in let's say, two weeks. Make preparations, and when everything is set up over there return to Wistal. We will then see to your official... departure." He looked a bit disappointed saying that last word.
"While you two visit, I will go over your..." He paused, having the same look of disappointment.
"Replacements."
Kiki and Mitsuhide's faces also went a bit sad, it would be a big change. One that none of them really wanted, but one that would have to be done.
Kiki nodded.
Zen looked back up at her, making eye contact. "What do you two plan on doing? You know, together."
Mitsuhide grunted uncomfortably but Kiki reminded the same, not letting her slight embarrassment made known.
"I will propose the idea of marriage with Mitsuhide Lowen to my father once we have our plans sorted out in the Serian House."
Mitsuhide glared at her, slightly surprised, slightly annoyed.
"Uh, aren't proposals supposed to be surprising and special Kiki?"
She smirked, mocking him lightly.
"Well, you were surprised just now, weren't you?"
They both faced and squinted their eyes at each other, trying to play it off as if they were fighting.
"Not that kind of surprise. Isn't it supposed to be romantic too?"
She crossed her arms, still grinning at the man.
"If you're looking for an emotional proposal like Zen and Shirayuki's, you'd better want Zen to marry you, not me." They both laughed while Zen sat there, head in his hand, grinning at them like a proud father would. He loved seeing his friends happy like this. "I'm sure going to miss you two, It just won't be the same."
They both tuned to face him, giving light smiles.
"We won't be strangers. We'll visit as much as possible." Mitsuhide spoke, laying his right hand on Zen's shoulder.
"You'd better," Zen laughed.