Measurements

"I came as fast as I could--" My sister explained, panting as she walked into my room, but was cut off by my hug. She giggled at my gesture. "I missed you, Len." She said, hugging me back.

I haven't seen her in a whole week and I miss having her by my side.

After that dream and my talk with Ethan last night, I begged doctor Oliver to let me use my phone to text her.

"I love you, i'm so sorry that I was so selfish. I really am trying to get better, I promise. I will never leave you, you're my other half, I don't want to lose you--" I began rambling to her shoulder before she cut me off.

"Woah woah, Lennon." She pulled herself out of my grasp. "Where's all of this coming from?" She asked me, putting her bag on my desk chair.

"I met someone that made me realize that if I continue my habits, you'll end up alone." I gave a brief explanation.

She blinked, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Sit your ass down and fill me in on everything." She pointed at the bed.

I explained the panic attack in which we first had an actual interaction, I explained the note, that night with Dr. Oliver, everything; even a brief explanation of Ethan's story.

"...He's here because he lost his twin brother to heart failure." I finished, looking at her with teary eyes.

She was silent.

"And I had a dream that I died and how you and mom would react. That's the last thing that I want, Mari."

Silence.

She got up and hugged me. "You're not going to lose me, Lennon. And i'm not going to lose you." She confirmed, her voice thick.

I pulled away, looking at her with sensitive eyes. "Plus, you look much healthier than when you were first admitted." She confessed.

"Really?" I asked, happiness in my voice.

She nodded, "I'm guessing this Ethan boy is doing a better job than Martha." She shoved me playfully, teasing Dr. Oliver.

I gave out a giggle. "Apparently he's asking her for tips before helping me." I explained, blushing.

Ethan has gone the extra mile to make sure that I get better. I wish I could help him as well. But how does someone treat depression? Everyone is different.

"So, has anything happened between you and lover boy?" She asked, poking my sides, a smile on her face.

I get up, fixing my casual dress. "Well...." I begin, turning towards her.

She gasped and squealed. "Sit down and tell me everything!"

"We went to the roof last night and we had a deep conversation about stars and then, well..." I dragged on, feeling my cheeks heat up. "...we slow danced and then he kissed me."

Cue the squealing.

"Lennon! Oh my god! That's the cutest story ever!" She had the biggest smile on her face, holding my hands as she admired our night. "Was it better than James?" She asked.

James was my 'boyfriend' when we were in grade 6. He was my first and only kiss before I kissed Ethan.

I nodded frantically. "Most obviously!" We continued our little girly talk before Dr. Sanchez walked in.

"Good afternoon, Lennon-" He greeted before he saw Marilyn. "Miss Marilyn, what a surprise to see you here." He acknowledged her, giving her a warm smile.