Being each other's comfort.

I haven't seen Ethan for the past few days. I wonder if I said something that might have upset him to the point where he wants to avoid me.

I hope not. This hospital has been bearable ever since I moved in. 

He wasn't in class either the next day that I spoke to him or the day after.

I was worried, but I hope he's okay. Nothing bad happened, right?

I was just in my room so far into my weekend. I've called my sister a couple times from the hospital's phone cord which sucks, I wish I had my phone with me but they won't let me have it since I could research calorie counts and look at inspiration to get smaller. 

I mean I don't blame them, but it still sucks.

I have to get ready for my family therapy session this morning so I just put on a random long sleeved shirt with jeans and put my thin hair into a pony tail.

That's right, cover your body. Nobody wants to see that.

I wince at my evil words before walking back to my desk and taking out my makeup bag. I quickly plugged in my old iPod nano into my speaker, playing "Walking on a dream" by Empire of the Sun. A couple songs later, as I was finishing up my mascara, I heard a knock on my door.

I turned around and frowned at my unwanted visitor. I thought it was Ethan.

"Can I come in?" Ivy asked shyly at the door, her blonde hair covering her face.

I looked at her with a sour expression. "I don't know. Will you criticize my eating habits again?" I asked sarcastically, referring to her pressuring me to eat earlier this week alongside the bullying. "Or even better! Wave your carb filled food in from of my face!" 

After that day, I just ate lunch by myself, occasionally with Sydney but I would stay away from Ivy and Penelope as much as possible. I look at her with an angry face before turning back to my mascara.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about." She said, walking in, coming closer. "Can I explain myself?" She asked, her voice quiet.

I pointed at my bed, she took a seat while I stayed sitting at my desk, putting my makeup down, facing her with a bored look.

This should be exciting.

"Okay, so I know I've been a bitch to you lately-"

"Since the first day I got here." I cut her off, correcting her with a shady smile.

"I know.. but it's just, my anger gets the best of me and I try to control it- I really do! But it's hard." She explained, her eyes avoided mine, looking at the floor. "The reason why I was mean with you was that seeing and knowing your condition just made me mad."

"How so?"

She sighed before continuing. "My best friend back in freshmen year died from heart failure because she had anorexia as well."

I looked down at my hands. I guess I can't avoid health problems like that. "I'm sorry for your lost."

"Don't be. It was three years ago." She chuckled sadly. "It's just, I never understood it. Eating is so easy to do and it baffles me that you don't want to eat something so delicious." Her voice getting louder.

I looked at her with a blank stare, waiting for her to realize that she's getting mad.

"Oops- sorry." She said, shaking her head, sitting back down. "See what I mean?" She brought her hands to her face. "It's just, I saw you and I saw her inside of you and I knew immediately that you were next."