First day in the hospital

Please read author's note at the end(:

"...and a phone call every single day. I might not be available but I will try my best to call you every day and attend as many therapy sessions as possible..." My mom rambled while I sat on the passenger's seat.

I simply hummed to let her know that I understand, picking on a few loose strands on my outfit. I was currently wearing my school's sweater with sweatpants in May; both extremely large on my petite physique but that doesn't change the fact that I'm always cold. 

"Dad will try to Skype you and your therapist but with time zones I-"

"It's fine, mom." I said, cutting her off. It's not like my dad wanted to see me anyways. He only sent money and came on holidays. He came home the first ever time I was admitted to therapy but after a few sessions, he seemed fed up with my eating habits.

He never wanted me in the first place. I was never the favorite.

She simply looked at me and sighed when she put the car on park once we've reached the hospital. Tears filled her blue eyes. "God, I hope they fix you, my little angel." My mom brought my head to her chest, kissing my forehead, squeezing me.

"Mom, can't-breathe-" I said, choking for some air.

"Right, alright, I have to head to work, but I love you so much." She said, getting out of her seat and closing the door behind her as I follow.

"Here's your luggage. Hopefully you won't call me to bring you more clothes." She boast, closing the trunk, giving out a light chuckle. "I mean how hard is it to eat?" My mom ignorantly said, handing me my stuff.

I simply looked at her, lost for words. I guess no one understands.

I grab my luggage from her and start walking away without looking at her eyes.

"I love you, angel." She cried behind me, going back into her white Nissan. A car that she looks over better than her own kid.

I simply waved without turning to look at her, walking into the hospital alone.

At the door I was instantly greeted by my therapist. She looked up from her book as she saw my expression and frowned. She instantly put her book down and got up to walk over to me.

"Come here." She said, bringing me into her arms, rubbing my back soothingly.

I don't cry, I've done a lot of that, I simply hugged her back with the same amount of love.

--------------------------------------------

"Welcome to your dorm!" Dr.Sanchez introduced, his arms opened wide at the small room.

The room was a nice size. I mean, big enough for a bed, a desk, and a dresser. Not much to ask for, it's not like i'm going to be staying here for long.

One thing about this room is the huge window.

"Everyone's room has a big window view. We try to make them feel like they're outside when they're not." He explains, opening the blinds, blinding me for a second.

I shield my eyes before putting my stuff on my bed, turning towards him. "What do I do about school?" I asked quietly, looking at the boring beige walls.

"Don't worry about that. We have the basic classes needed to graduate. Unfortunately for you, accounting and math is not in this building so that will be your online class." He explained, handing me a sheet of paper. "Everyone in your age group has English first, and then they go to their dorms or study hall to do their own online courses, and finally, they head to their group therapy. For you, ED group is before OCD."