A New Beginning

It’s been two years since my dad died. My siblings and I are now living with my aunt. She doesn't like us anymore. She is our mom's sister you see, our father did not have any sisters. He only had two brothers but one of them had died due to gang shooting, he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.*

"I am now entering my second year of college, I am so stressed out. My aunt does not like us and I am treated like a maid when I get home." Said Nkauj

Nkauj is majoring in Chemistry right now in college. There is this one boy that is in her Chemistry class. Nkauj thought that he was very handsome and cute. She liked him since last year but she was too shy to even talk or sit next to him. Last year Nkauj also had Biology with him. His name is Zaj Thoj. One day Nkauj was running late to class. So on her way to school as she was running to class she bumped into Zaj. She dropped her books and as she went in to get her books Zaj also went in to help her pick up her books. Then all of the sudden their hands touched.

Once Nkauj and Zaj's hands touched there was a like a shock of energy between them. Both stared into each others eyes and then before Zaj couldn't say anything, Nkauj got up and said

" I am so sorry, I am really late for class I have to go now bye!" Rushed Nkauj.

As she ran to her class upstairs leaving Zaj behind, he thought to himself,

"Wow.... she's beautiful. I wonder what is her name?... I am so stupid for not looking to where I was going *sighs* but it was also a good thing because I got to meet her."

Zaj was very happy that he had bumped into Nkauj. After reflecting about the incident, Zaj went on his way to class. Half way through the class their professor said

" Okay everyone I have assigned seats made for you now. let me tell you where you're assigned" said Professor Wilson.

In Nkauj's head she was thinking of where she will be sitting and who will be sitting next to her.

" Okay, now in the second row, fifth seat to the right...we have Nkauj Hawj" Said the professor Wilson.

As Nkauj went to sit in her assigned seat she was predicting who was going to sit next to her.

"Ooh is Mi going to sit next me? or is Kooj? I do not know at all." Wondered Nkauj.

As the professor put everyone into their seats there were a few seats open which were the ones that were absent and he did not call their names to where they are sitting. As Zaj entered the classroom, Nkauj and Zaj's eyes meet once again so Nkauj panicked and looked away quickly wanting him to not come over because she would feel as if she would have a heart attack.

"OH No! He better not sit next to me" worried Nkauj.

Then the professor just had to say you are sitting next to Nkauj. As the professor said that and Nkauj heard him say that she could feel her heart skip a beat.

"Oh man, he is sitting next to me, WHY ME!" cried Nkauj in her mind.

So as Zaj went and sat next to Nkauj she felt her heart skip another beat. Her hands were getting sweaty, she felt as if she is about to faint. Zaj noticed that Nkauj looked nervous so he asked her,

"Are you okay?" with a calm gentle voice.

" umm.... umm.... umm... I am fine. No worries pal. Hehehe." Said Nkauj nervously.

"Okay students your partners for your presentation skit is posted outside the classroom please look at who is your partner." said the professor.

"It better not be Zaj or I will literally die." said Nkauj to herself mumbling.