-BUTTERFLIES

10/20/17

she seemed happy, and that's all that mattered right now

hyuk

i had walked out of the hospital, leaving dabin and liyu in the room alone to talk. i pulled out my phone and called a number, my heart trying to break out of my chest.

"whatsup, hyuk?" her familiar voice danced in my ears, the butterflies in my stomach waking up.

"hello, jihee. i missed you." i licked my lips, sitting down on a bench as our conversation continued with laughs and sighs.

dabin

once hyuk left i let out air i didn't know i was holding in. i immediately stood up and got into the hospital bed with her.

"dabin what're you doing?" she had a silly grin on her face, making me smile.

"cuddling." i simply said, wrapping my arms around her. i rested my chin on the top of her head, smiling.

after a few minutes i lifted her chin up to look at me. i looked from her puffy eyes and back to her swollen lips, multiple times.

i pulled her head up, pressing my lips into her swollen ones. she moved her fingers up to my black locks, making me groan into her lips.

"dabin, you're silly." she pulled away, also removing her hands from my hair. she was drugged up. she didn't know what she was doing. i could tell her anything and she'd forget.

"song liyu." i said, staring at her.

"yes?" she asked, smiling.

"i love you." i continued to stare into her eyes, trying to read her emotions.

all she did was giggle. it broke my heart, but i kept having to remind myself she's drugged up. she doesn't know what's going on, and she'll forget about everything in at least an hour.

i sighed and slid out of the hospital bed. "i'm leaving," i said. i grabbed my bag, but before i could go anywhere, i felt a small hand wrap around my wrist. i turned around, seeing liyu standing there.

i hadn't seen all of the bruises perfectly positioned all over her frail body. i bit my lip out of confusion, before being snapped back into reality by her soothing voice.

"dabin," she said.

"yes?" i asked, weakly smiling at her.

"i love you too." she said, smiling at me.

"you're just drugged up," i said. i turned my back to leave, trying to pull my arm away until her grip tightened.

i turned my head to look at her small face. it was so beautiful, but full of little flaws. her smile had always been a little crooked, and her teeth not completely straight. she wasn't the average height, or weight. she was different than all of the other girls i know. she's not insecure.

"i really do, dabin." she said, looking up at me with puppy eyes.

i just stared back at her, dropping my barrier and letting her read my emotions. i was hurt because she had someone else and she was telling me she loves me when she's just drugged up.

i smiled weakly at her, "i'm sorry." i pulled my hand out of her grip, leaving her room. the thing that hurt me the most is that she didn't come after me.

-

-

hiiii!

ik i said i was trying to sweep the drama out, but i really like how this chapter came out...

it's 2 am so i'm gon sleep

bye,

fighting !