Ugh! I hate how quickly I blush and get nervous when something like this happens.

"Will you umm, give me a chance to play my cards right?" He asked with utmost genuineness.

"I- we just met Aus-" I tried coming up with something to say in a situation like that whilst playing with my fingers. I was very nervous for some reason. But he stopped me in between.

"I'm not asking you out, sugar. I'm just asking you to join me for lunch. Though I don't mind asking you out, anyways." He said, chuckling.

My mouth was hung open and I smacked his arm. "Ouch, that hurts." He said wincing in pain as he rubbed his arm even though he continued laughing.

"As it should. You are so mean, seriously." I said, shaking my head as I picked up the mug and started walking away. I heard footsteps behind me and I knew it was Austin.

"But okay, jokes apart, would you mind hanging out with me?" He asked, giving me his sweet smile as if he knew he would successfully convince me. Though I was almost ready, I still showed him my anger.

"Treat's on me." He said trying his best. I gave him a blank stare trying hard not to smile at how cute he looked when he tried to convince me.

"And your favourite dessert too!" He said and this time I couldn't stop myself. I chuckled as I nodded and he smiled brightly.

"Okay! So umm, this weekend?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Ahh, okay sure. Text me the location." I said

"Well, I would like to take the initiative of picking you up from your place." He said, scratching the back of his head. 

Please, he is so cute!

"Oh, flattering me?" I said, as I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm trying my best." He whispered, chuckling.

"It's working." I said, laughing.

"Damn, alright!" He said, giving himself a pat on his shoulder.

"I'll see you later Austin." I said, smiling.

"You too, sugar." He said, waving towards my direction as the door of the elevator closed.

Reaching near the office door, I took a deep breath because I don't like facing him. I could stare at him all day but the moment I see his eyes turning towards me, chills run down my spine. His gaze just makes me breathless no matter how far or near he is. If he stares at me for a little longer someday I might as well pass out. I wouldn't even be surprised.

Knocking on the door I entered inside and saw him sitting on his chair, looking all radiant as usual. I carefully walked towards him and said "Sir, here's your coffee."

Though I wasn't expecting him to say anything, a very tiny part of my head felt like receiving a little 'thanks' for doing something he asked me to. Yes, I know it sounds foolish and unasked for but performing a little human delicacy doesn't really affect anyone. But to my surprise the words that left his mouth left me shook like a thunderclap.

"What took you so much time?" He asked as he took a sip from the mug.

"Sorry sir, I was making coffee for you, that might've taken a little longer." I said, putting up a brave front, but I was seconds away from having a mental breakdown. Why the heck is he so scary?

"You're telling me, as if I have no idea how much time we normally take to make coffee." He said, keeping the mug on the table and he looked at me.

His light brown eyes looked so deep while he clenched his jaw staring at me. He stood up slowly, sliding past his desk coming in front of me. He was a few feet apart but I felt the dominant aura. It was so strong and present that it was just impossible to ignore it.