26

Ivy paces on the porch, jumping at every sound that erupts from the house.

17 minutes.

It's been 17 minutes. She feels sick to her stomach. Why didn't she go in? They could be in a lot of danger! She sighs deeply multiple times, and everyone becomes more and more anxious as she continues her habitual ways.

"Ivy, please stop!" Stan finally says, unable to contain his guilt for not offering to go in. "You're making us all feel bad!"

Ivy freezes, glancing up at her little motley crew.

Bev frowns a bit while biting her lip. "Yeah, come on, Ivy. They're gonna be fine—"

A scream erupts from within the house.

They're eyes all widen. That was, without a doubt, Eddie Kaspbrak's voice. Everyone's instincts kick in, and they find themselves rushing into the house.

Within a matter of seconds, they're stood by a broken-armed Eddie, and screaming at a distorted Pennywise.

"I'm gonna have to break into place!" Richie hollers, causing Eddie to scoot further against the wall. "DO NOT FUCKING TOUCH ME, DO NOT—"

Crack

More screaming.

The clown is mocking Bill, again.

Ivy feels blank.

She isn't even afraid anymore. She is numb as she watches the clown shift shape into hideous forms before she.

Suddenly, the clowns face turns towards the girl. Everyone seems to freeze. And, for once, he is the one with fear in his eye. This confuses the teens a bit, and Ivy tilts her head at him. The same way Novocane would tilt her head when she was confused.

In a flash, the clown is rushing away and down the stairs.

"D-Don't let him get away!" Bill calls, chasing after the clown. Everyone is shouting over each other about Eddie's arm.

Within a few minutes, they find themselves escorting Eddie home. There, they are pushed out of the way and scolded by Mrs. Kaspbrak. The big lady's red face glows with anger, as she shoves Eddie carefully into the car.

"HE IS THROUGH WITH YOU ALL. Do you understand that?! He will never talk to you again, I mean, NEVER."

The teens flinch at her harsh tone, and frown deeply.

Eddie stares straight ahead in the passenger seat, trying to stop the tears spilling down his cheeks.

"Mrs. Kaspbrak, we were a-attacked!" Bill insists.

She only shakes her head and frantically attempts to pull out the right key. Her keys all drop from her hands, and Bev does her best to be polite and hand them back to her.

"Here let me—"

"NO. Don't touch me. I've heard enough about you Beverly Marsh, and I want I don't want a dirty girl like you anywhere near my Eddie!"

Ivy frowns at her words, and looks away from the scene.

Bev bites back an insult, watching as the lady climbs into the car and drives off in a hurry.

The losers walk into the street and watch as the car drives down the road. Bill attempts to cheer everyone up, only he uses the wrong set of words.

"We'll b-be more prepared when we go back—"

"NO." Stan states, cutting the boy off, "No going back, Bill! You're insane!"

"Why? We all know no one else is going to do anything!" Bev defends.

"Eddie was nearly killed!" Richie gestures down the street, "And look at this motherfucker, he's bleeding hamburger helper!" His hands move to point at Ben.

"We can't pretend it's going to go away! Ben, you said it yourself, it comes back every 27 years."

"Fine. I'll be 40 and far away from here!" Ben frowns, picking up his bike, "I thought you said you wanted to get out of this town, too."

"Because I want to run towards something! Not away!"

"I'm sorry, who invited Molly Ringwald into the group?" Richie cuts in sarcastically, causing Bev to flip him off in response. "I'm just saying, lets face facts: Georgie is dead. Stop trying to get us killed too."

Ivy flinches at the hurtful words, shooting Richie a glare. He ignores it.

The girl turns away from the scene, not wishing to join in. Instead, she stares down the street blankly. Then, she's something. Not too far down the street; it is stood there, staring at her menacingly.

A thought from earlier races through her mind.

He's afraid of her.

She glares back at the clown. He noticeably cowers, but continues their little stare down.

All the while, behind her, Bill has punched Richie and now things are really going down hill. None of the losers have noticed her silence, or the clown down the road.

She turns around at the sound of Richie's words.

"—If saving my ass counts quitting, then yes! You really should too." Everyone is hopping onto their bikes now, and Richie is look desperately at Ivy to follow him. All she gives him is an ice cold stare.

"Mike?" Ivy calls lightly, hoping he'd stay behind.

"I'm sorry...I can't do this. My grandpa was right. I'm an outsider, it's gotta stay that way." He shakes his head and bikes down the road, leaving Ivy, Bill and Bev to stand their.

What a sucky summer.