23

"Bill, could you wake her up?" Richie softly asks, staring a bit annoyedly at the stuttering boy holding his girlfriend.

I mean, technically, she's still his girlfriend. Right?

"S-Sure.." Bill reluctantly nods, softly shaking the girl awake. Ivy opens her sore eyes, to meet Bill's light brown (slightly red from crying) ones. At first, she's a bit confused, but as she takes in her surroundings she becomes blank. She sees Richie, but she doesn't even care anymore. All she can think about is Novocane.

"Hey Ivy...." Richie mutters, his voice shaking nervously. He wishes Bill would leave.

Bill isn't going anywhere.

Ivy buries her face in Bill's chest, trying so hard to just disappear in his scent. He smells nice: like cinnamon and warmness, if warmness could be a smell.

Richie shifts around awkwardly, deciding to sit criss-crossed on her bedroom floor.

"Richie, I don't even care anymore. Just go home. Go fuck Janice, I don't even care right now."

"I don't want Janice...and, I thought...y-you said you'd have my kids, someday." He recalls, attempting to be soft with her. It isn't working. Everything he knows Ivy for seems to be buried with Novocane. She looks dead, and she isn't nearly as understanding or compassionate as she'd normally be. "That was before you fucking ditched me, asshole."

Richie swallows hard, becoming at a loss of words.

Bill awkwardly sits there, watching as the girl cuddles into his warmth. He glances at Richie, to see that he's less than enthusiastic about the whole ordeal.

"Talk to him..." Bill whispers softly into the girl's ear, causing Ivy to perk up a bit. Even his breath is warm.

She lets out a reluctant sigh, deciding to give in.

"Richie, I forgive you." She hums, causing Richie to look up with a grin, "but I'm terminating our relationship. We're friends, nothing more."

"B-But— but why?!" Richie stutters, feeling his heart clench in his chest.

"Please..." Ivy begs, her own voice beginning to crack as she hides in the fabric of Bill's sweater, "I can barely stand to be your friend right now."

Richie sits quietly, listening as the girl lets out tiny sobs. His heart hurts, and he begins to cry a little himself. He pushes his glasses up, and stands up. "O-Okay....but I'm staying here, along with everyone else. And I will win you back. I swear, Ivy Okonma."

Ivy continues to sob, allowing the words to echo in her mind.

She loves Richie, she sincerely does. What he did hurt though, he has to learn his lesson. Bill frowns and glances between his friends as Richie leaves. Then, he hugs the Okonma girl tighter and lets out a few soft cries of his own.

He knew how it felt to lose someone, that was mainly why he was her main outlet.

He lost Georgie, and she lost Novocane.

Richie calmly walks back downstairs, assuming the losers heard everything based on their expressions. However, he remains confident. He knows he'll win Ivy back, because one thing that was always real, was their love. Or his love for her at least; he knows that for sure.

He only hopes that he wins her heart back before Bill wins it completely.