07‣ Welcome To The Family

I walked up the steps leading to my front door. I was so tired and absentminded that I forgot I had to take my keys out of my bag. Just as I reached for it I heard the door unlocking from the inside and it opened to reveal my mother on the other side. She immediately pulled me inside and locked the door again.

"Why are you so late, honey?" She asked, rushing to put the keys back on the key rack. "I told you to be on time today."

I shook my head lightly since I could already feel myself falling asleep, even though I was standing. "I'm sorry, it must have slipped my mind. I stayed at school for a bit to get more work done." That was a lie. I wasn't at school today. I was out with Yoongi and Jin trying to find out more about Whalien 52. But instead we found nothing. The address we went to; it was empty. The only things we found were cobwebs and dirt everywhere. Shredded papers and broken furniture were scattered around the rooms. Since this place was underneath a whole mall, it was huge and there were endless rooms. We looked in every inch of every room for anything relevant but there was nothing. But there were many creepy things down there...

"You forgot?" My mom asked, bringing me back to reality. "I reminded you almost everyday. Come quickly, I need your help in the kitchen," she said, dragging me with her.

Today she was going to let me meet her boyfriend and his son. It was the first boyfriend she ever had after my father passed on and second person she's ever loved in her life like this. For the first time she was moving on from my dad. I guess I was happy for her. Just like me, she wasn't good with socializing so my father was her best and only friend, as well as her lover. When he died, all she had was me and I guess that's what made us so close. And for her to meet someone new, I was proud of her and I couldn't wait to meet this person.

She instructed me on what she needed me to do and basically it was just cleaning and baking the cakes while she did the food. She really was going all out.

While busy in the kitchen we talked about what we thought I should call her boyfriend when I meet him. First names, I thought, were a bit too informal and maybe disrespectful. But then again, calling him by his last name seemed a bit too formal. Although, in the end, we stuck with his last name. Mr Kwon.

After about three hours, we finished all the food and cleaning and we went to get dressed.

I put on a black oversized hoodie with a pair of maroon ripped jeans and black timberland boots. Plain but oh well. It wasn't my date.

Once I was done, I sat on my mom's bed, waiting until my mom was done getting dressed in her bathroom so that I could tell her whether she looked good or not but honestly I thought she looked great in everything but she wouldn't believe me.

Finally she came out, wearing a frown on her face. "I think this one makes me like even fatter," she said.

I gasped. "No, you don't!" I said. "This one looks amazing on you! Please wear this one."

It was a maroon draped blouse with silky frills lightly brushing off the sides of her shoulders, with a pair of black jeans and beautiful high laced maroon high heels. She looked beautiful.

She gave me a questioning look. "Are you sure?" She turned to look in the mirror.

"It's perfect. Look! We even match!" I said, gesturing to my jeans with a surprised look, trying to cheer her up.

She gave me a wide smile through the mirror. "Okay, I'll wear this one then," she said.

She then opened the mirror cabinet and took out her makeup. She started with the eyeliner, applying them gently.

I made a face at her, through the mirror. "I don't know how you can put those things on," I said. "It makes my eyes sting."

She laughed lightly. "You're still a baby, Y/n," she joked. "You'll get used to it one day. But when you do, don't rely on it all the time." She then turned around, looking at me lovingly. "You're absolutely beautiful as you are, Y/n. Makeup or no makeup. You're beautiful," she said, flashing me her sweetest smile. I smiled back at her.