Lucifer Catches Up With Malacoda

Archangel Sariel shuffled to the front counter in his angelic attire, clearly not concerned about what humans see anymore. "Excuse me, Mr. Maou. May I see your manager?" Satan rolled his eyes. "Well, you've been sitting there daydreaming for five minutes, so I guess one visit could satiate your... "

Sariel excitedly scampered to manager Kisaki in the break room. He presented an armful of roses, expecting to be expelled immediately. A voice called out from afar, "Who's there?" Satan used his reserves to pull back the lustful angel. "Alright, Romeo, visiting hours are over."

"Fret not, my love! We shall meet again soon!"

The door came open, letting in Emilia the Hero. "What's this about? Has the Demon Lord become a pest control expert?" "Just taking care of some blown-in leaves," he replied, sweeping Sariel out with a broom.

"How's it been going for Team Demon?"

"Not bad. Recently, Suzuno told Urushihara to get a job, but I'm sure he hasn't. Alciel-- er, Ashiya isn't eating much for some reason." Suzuno corrected from her table, "Ashiya has not been consuming his provisions in fear of celestial force. It is quite deadly to a demon."

"Then how come Maou doesn't faint every time I walk by?" asked Emi in a calm voice. She had become rather friendly with her arch-nemesis. "It must be ingested directly or else it is mostly harmless."

"Yeah right," said Maou with a twitch, "I feel sick everytime I see this creep." He looked around, seeing that people were listening. "Unless she wants to order, that is!" Nervously, he grinned. Through his harmless smile, Emilia caught sight of two piercing red eyes. "What's wrong, Emi?"

"N-nothing. Anyway, I've finally saved up enough money to buy my own 'castle.' What do you think about that?" Sasaki Chiho laughed. "It sounds like two siblings bickering, not sworn enemies!" Siblings? Emi could imagine the Hero and the Devil as siblings. That comparison really shone a new light on their relationship. After all, there was no option of returning to Ente Isla. They already decided against that.

"Ashiya, I'm home!" Maou surveyed his apartment to find his general at the window with a pair of binoculars. "Lord Satan, the Hero's castle is far too large!" Urushihara pushed his head out of a cardboard box as he retorted, "You're the strategist, right? Strategize." General Alciel saluted to his lord. "I suggest we infiltrate the enemy base to gather information. She could be hiding a whole army in there."

"Relax, Ashiya. I'm sure it'll be fine," Maou dismissed. A muffled explosion was heard from across the street.

...

"I can't believe we're investigating this late," said Satan to himself. He used the cover of the night to make his way to Emi's front door. Peeking inside, Alciel saw a brilliant white light. Emilia the Hero slashed left and right with her Sacred Sword. Despite her efforts, the Hero was blasted away in flash of blue.

A deep, growling voice taunted, "Face it, young hero. You're nothing in this pathetic human body." The owner of this voice opened the door and lifted his hood. "Ah, Satan. Have you made any progress in conquering this realm?" Maou asked in surprise, "Malacoda? Did you come through the gate?"

He stared at General Malacoda's fleshless skull with glowing crimson eyes. "Yes. We have successfully conquered the four outer islands of Ente Isla, but the Holy Church remains." Satan pushed him inside. "Well, for the love of all that is unholy, get inside before somebody sees!"

They locked the door behind them. Malacoda's red eyes immediately fixated on the Hero. "Don't make me waste my reserves on you." Emilia stood, dusting herself off. "Why are you here?" she asked. The skeletal demon laughed as he replied, "I have arrived to support the Demon Lord, what else?" He prepared a glowing sphere of electrical energy.